ADVERTISEMENT

The last 19 years has been great

The way I understand it, the free board is owned and controlled by Rivals and will keep going while the pay side is On3.
I hope it survives
I hope so. Thanks for the information. I tried the pay board for a year but never enjoyed it nearly as much the free board. It was like going to a concert with all your friends scattered throughout the arena but never getting to see or talk with them. You still enjoy the concert but not nearly as much as if you could have touched base with your buds.

Last edited:
Just wondering why the traffic has slowed down since all this began. Where’s all so many of the regulars gone?

If it does end, there’s a few of us having a good time at the Pokes 24/7 politics board so you can find us there.
We have an o/t option here now too. To get to it click on the < at the top for other options and it’s named O’Connels
There's more intelligent folks on the 24/7 politics as compared to O'Connells. But it's all about politics. Fun too. 😁

Reactions: iasooner2000
As far as I can tell this board is not going away unless OU Insider just wants it gone. And I don't think that's happening as it creates traffic for their opah board. Besides if they were going to get rid of it, Monday was the day to do so. It survived. Josh & the Sooner Scoop folks are gone. They've moved to on3 and the free board did not move w/ them. It's a whole new team in place so until someone says differently, just carry on and enjoy the board.

As far as I can tell this board is not going away unless OU Insider just wants it gone. And I don't think that's happening as it creates traffic for their opah board. Besides if they were going to get rid of it, Monday was the day to do so. It survived. Josh & the Sooner Scoop folks are gone. They've moved to on3 and the free board did not move w/ them. It's a whole new team in place so until someone says differently, just carry on and enjoy the board.
I think we can still enjoy the change.

I disagree (red text above). By design, this board has long been difficult to find. If one has it bookmarked, no problem. But finding it by navigating from the site's home page isn't intuitive, especially if you're using an iPhone. Try finding the Longhorn Sports free board without a bookmark. Took me awhile to get there. That place was once a thriving dumpster fire, now it's a ghost town. Nope, it's intentional, making this place hard to find.

I'm not whining about it. I don't own this business, I have no say in the matter and I wish the OUInsider staff unprecedented success. Just pointing out that there is an entire world of Sooner fans who have no idea this board even exists.

Think of this message board as the BBQ joint 8 miles down the blacktop, take a left at the flashing yellow light, go six miles down the gravel road, turn right onto the red dirt road and go another 4 miles -- there it is -- back in the trees.

Brent is our guy. Love watching him and the coaches build the roster.

Hearing Casey Thompson might go to FAU and reunite with Tom Herman.🤣

Glad I'm not a Colorado Buffs fan. Geesh.

There's talk of a future OU Softball game possibly to be played in Memorial Stadium. Nothing official - yet.

As someone else mentioned in another thread, listen to KREF in Norman if you want great , totally biased ;) OU sports coverage. Get the app on your phone if you're out of the OKC area, or find it on your PC. You won't regret their weekday lineup which includes Mike Steely, Teddy Lehman, Parker Thune, Toby Rowland, Chris Plank and many others. It's great to hear wall-to-wall Sooner sports talk, unlike the Sports Animal where they talk about favorite candy, Hollywood and play music trivia during drive time.

Here's a link to KREF podcasts.
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-ref-1400-podcast/id720839352

Last edited:
Believe as you wish, but this board drives subs to the pay board. That's a fact.

I think people just get busy and their life changes, especially when crap like a 3 year covid outbreak happens. I left for a while but checked back in every 3-4 weeks. Now I enjoy being a poster again. I do miss many of the regulars but I totally get it that their life has changed and they may not have the time to check the boards and participate.

I think people just get busy and their life changes, especially when crap like a 3 year covid outbreak happens. I left for a while but checked back in every 3-4 weeks. Now I enjoy being a poster again. I do miss many of the regulars but I totally get it that their life has changed and they may not have the time to check the boards and participate.
I still check in on occasion and see what's happening. There are more people on this side I know than on the other. Been here since Crabby in 1995 and have seen a bunch of great people come and go.

I still check in on occasion and see what's happening. There are more people on this side I know than on the other. Been here since Crabby in 1995 and have seen a bunch of great people come and go.

It is great seeing you here Marvin, as well as the other old-timers posting in this thread. I still remember the horrible fire you suffered. Hope all is well with you and your family.

Man it’s like olden times & great !

K2C please petition whoever to get the permabans lifted for fitty & SoonerInLouisiana
I answered you on the OSU political board.

Edit: I got to thinking some others may want to petition for reinstatement so this is how I did it.

I pm'd @Brandon Drumm and told him the truth about why I was banished. He released me. I did copy my profile page showing him the number of posts and likes before I was axed.

Good luck and tell fitty to take care of my AR...lol

Last edited:
I'm banned from orange bloods. Their mod got axed. So I'm stuck. Them folks live all around me and we all got along just fine. Except I guess the mod. Good folks on ob imo. Napoleon syndrome for some mods.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT