ADVERTISEMENT

The clock time

Soonerborn59

Sooner starter
Aug 16, 2009
While rewatching the game today ( yes it doesnt matter now) but when Ehlinger went out of bounds on the spot review play it was at the 5:57 mark. When play was resumed the refs had the clock reset to 6:37. That gave Texas an additional 40 seconds on the clock in the 4th qtr. i had thought that was the case when watching it live so to double check it I rewatched it.

I am surprised Riley and our coaching staff didnt challenge it. Now I know the TV clock isnt official but no way in hell can you tell me there was a 40 second time difference between the clock and the officials clock.

For those that have it recorded go back and look.

Reactions: Senior Sooner
While rewatching the game today ( yes it doesnt matter now) but when Ehlinger went out of bounds on the spot review play it was at the 5:57 mark. When play was resumed the refs had the clock reset to 6:37. That gave Texas an additional 40 seconds on the clock in the 4th qtr. i had thought that was the case when watching it live so to double check it I rewatched it.

I am surprised Riley and our coaching staff didnt challenge it. Now I know the TV clock isnt official but no way in hell can you tell me there was a 40 second time difference between the clock and the officials clock.

For those that have it recorded go back and look.

I noticed that when watching it live. Easily fixable if LR called it out but he didn't, regardless of what he claimed later.

V did he claim to know the time added in his presser? I didn’t watch it.

Yes, I saw the article but I'm not buying it. If he really knew it at the time, he would have been much more animated about it, especially after witnessing his histrionics on the sideline last week after a missed call. Obviously, I can't read his mind, but that is something you don't quietly let slide.

Yes, I saw the article but I'm not buying it. If he really knew it at the time, he would have been much more animated about it, especially after witnessing his histrionics on the sideline last week after a missed call. Obviously, I can't read his mind, but that is something you don't quietly let slide.

I totally agree with you. I found it really odd the entire staff wasn’t raising cain over it. I am even more baffled by the ref who keeps time on the field not realizing it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT