ADVERTISEMENT

The beginning of a strong 5-7 year run

LittletonSooner

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Jul 9, 2001
Looking at the roster and the early projection of two deep, I honestly believe that 2024/25 may mark the beginning of a strong 5-7 year run for the Sooners. While I continue to believe that this season will be be something along the lines of 9-3/8-4, I also think it will mark the beginning of the Sooner’s evolution to being a stout defensive team with a good offense - as opposed to an explosive offensive team and a laughable defense. On paper, this OU team looks A LOT like Clemson the year before they played for consecutive NCs. There is quality and depth across the board on D, a QB with a really high ceiling, lots of skill position talent and some uncertainty along the OL. If they follow the Clemson trajectory, the D will keep them firmly in every game while the O struggles for consistency early but finds its stride in the back half of the season. I sense that OU will miss the playoff but be a team that nobody wants to face in a bowl game and Top 5 preseason next year. Nobody is really talking about it yet, but Alley is going to make a huge difference in having a defense that is well prepared and highly multiple. He is aggressive and high energy. BV was having to do too much with Roof and Lebby both experiencing some poor outings.

I’d anticipate Sooner fans in full meltdown at the halfway point and fully bought in by the end of the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.