ADVERTISEMENT

Texas

So? How many top 5/10 has uteri last 15 yrs. And gramps or should I say bullgramp?

Originally posted by Gramps:
Could have a top 5 class coming in.
Don't see it Gramps. ( but if you did whats new) ? Texas always has top 5 classes

3* Chaaalie just lost his 3rd recruit of the week with another CB Davis expected to flip to Aubren and Lampkin rumored

by Ketchup to flip to OU

The other 2 cats out of Florida are grade risks and probably wont qualify

My delusional horn buddies think somehow they will get Murray, Mack and Lodge...it won't happen

3* Chaaalie will end up 11-15 right with the Sooner's

grin.r191677.gif

Originally posted by nail1988:

Don't see it Gramps. ( but if you did whats new) ? Texas always has top 5 classes

3* Chaaalie just lost his 3rd recruit of the week with another CB Davis expected to flip to Aubren and Lampkin rumored

by Ketchup to flip to OU

My delusional horn buddies think somehow they will get Murray, Mack and Lodge...it won't happen

grin.r191677.gif
Your not keeping up with recruiting.

by Ketchup to flip to OU

grin.r191677.gif
YOU'RE reading too much Ketchum. What time is the press conference announcing Murray and Lodge?

Ketchum is this generations PT Barnum. Makes loads of cash, has no concern regarding integrity or honesty. Whatever sells subs baby!!

Funny how unibrow and most of you morons didn't want Murray saying he is too short and sucks. Now you guys are think you will win the national title next year if you get him and Lodges is going to Ole Piss
laugh.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Jaaa:

by Ketchup to flip to OU

grin.r191677.gif
YOU'RE reading too much Ketchum. What time is the press conference announcing Murray and Lodge?

Ketchum is this generations PT Barnum. Makes loads of cash, has no concern regarding integrity or honesty. Whatever sells subs baby!!
David+and+Cherie.jpg

I'm not sure who said Murray was too short but they obviously never watched his film.

Anyway there isn't a recruit listed below that most people in the business think we have less than a 50% chance on, and no I'm not talking about Ketch. Unfortunately that's 10 guys and we only have room for 9. Will we get them all? Probably not, but based on what I have read on Aggie, OU and Texas sites the chances are good we will get a significant number of them. A lot of it hinges on Murray. We get him and a lot of dominoes could fall.

Locksley 4
Hill 4
Jamabo 5
Reed 4
Brossette 4
Warren 4
Boyd 4
Murray 5
Mack 5
Lodge 4

For the whole "Whom recruits better than whom" argument.....

Year............................OU............................................Texas

..........Rank...Total....Stars....Points........Rank....Total....Stars....Points

2002.....7.........24......3.79.....2244.............1.........28......3.89.....2792

2003.....4.........24......3.58.....2121............15........18......3.72.....1677

2004.....8.........18......3.72.....2055............10........20......3.50.....1864

2005.....3.........27......3.63.....2441............20........15......3.60.....1409

2006.....9.........28......3.54.....2180.............5.........25......3.60.....2283

2007....14........21......3.38.....1704.............5.........24......3.79.....2562

2008.....6.........21......3.81.....2422............14........20......3.55.....1919

2009....13........23......3.43.....1830.............5.........20......3.85.....2375

2010.....7.........29......3.55.....2213.............3.........25......3.92.....2728

2011....13........17......3.65.....1722.............3.........22.......3.77.....2322

2012....11........25......3.52.....1937.............2.........28.......3.64.....2481

2013....15........24......3.17.....2068...........24.........15.......3.60.....1737

2014....15........26......3.27.....2110...........20.........23.......3.17.....1931

Avg.....9.6......23.6.....3.54.....2080............9.7......21.7......3.66.....2160

OU has now beaten Texas, on average, in rank, but Texas leads OU in stars and points. And OU signs about two more student athletes each year than does Texas.

In head-to-head years, Texas beat OU in rank seven of the thirteen years. Texas beat OU in stars in nine out of thirteen years. Texas beat OU in points in seven out of thirteen years. OU beat Texas in amount of student-athletes signed in eight out of thirteen years.

So, currently has OU been ranked higher overall and signed more student-athletes on average than did Texas in those thirteen years, while Texas has had higher averages in star average, and points and had more higher ranked classes than has OU.

Bottom line Texas will have a higher ranked class than OU. The difference will be if Charlie can coach Em up. I'm guessing he will. Congrats Gramps, I don't like you!

Originally posted by Drewcristo78:
Bottom line Texas will have a higher ranked class than OU. The difference will be if Charlie can coach Em up. I'm guessing he will. Congrats Gramps, I don't like you!
lol

I'm not concerned where our recruiting class is ranked. I'm excited about the possibility that we may now have coaches that know what to do with them.

Originally posted by WhyNotaSooner:
Sumlin with a Top 10 Class > Mack with a Top 5 Class

IMO
Maybe now that he has Chavis, but I think Sumlin's chances of a Top 10 class are getting ready to take a hit.

Rumor around Allen is that Murray really liked Austin, plus Charlie told him he could start right away. Look at his Twitter he is wearing a burnt orange tie.

The pipe dream actually has us getting Kyler Murray, DaMarkus Lodge, Soso Jamabo, Daylon Mack, Kris Boyd, Holton Hill, and John Burt.

Originally posted by coe8189:
Rumor around Allen is that Murray really liked Austin, plus Charlie told him he could start right away. Look at his Twitter he is wearing a burnt orange tie.
He did not tell Murray that he will start from day one. His father likes the idea of him redshirting. That info came from an ag.

Originally posted by Brentwood Sooner:

Just check your website they all didn't want Murray and now they do!
laugh.r191677.gif

utisdabomb and one other fan, does not equal "all" Texas fans. Are you laughing at your own hyperbole?
This post was edited on 1/26 12:18 PM by blh111

by Ketchup to flip to OU

grin.r191677.gif
Still say top 5 class.
smile.r191677.gif

by Ketchup to flip to OU

grin.r191677.gif
Still say top 5 class.
smile.r191677.gif
Well maybe not. KM just twitted is is atm bound.

Strange that a poster named "Gramps" has never been cautioned to not count your chickens before they hatch.

Scratch Murray and now you can scratch Demarcus Lodge who canceled his visit. More to follow

Texas fans 2 days ago "Lodge and Mack are coming to Austin to play with Kyler."

This morning "Lodge and Mack don't care where Kyler goes they are coming to Austin!"
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Texas fans 2 days ago "Lodge and Mack are coming to Austin to play with Kyler."

This morning "Lodge and Mack don't care where Kyler goes they are coming to Austin!"

Posted from Rivals Mobile
ketch was a complete idiot to go full in on Kyler. If lodge ends up at Ol, Miss then it says more of what klyer will do and may mean that if he goes in the first round of the draft he may end up in MLB. It was worth a shot for strong to go full on them, he had to, its the rest of the fan base that went full retard on the news they were there.

Batallion should be crawling out of the woodwork anytime now.

In other news Brossette has decided to stick with LSU. That leaves Soso and Warren as possibilities

Strange that a poster named "Gramps" has never been cautioned to not count your chickens before they hatch.
If you will read my first post again, I said we could have a top five class.
This post was edited on 1/30 11:01 AM by Gramps

I still don't give a shit about recruiting rankings, but like pfka_ms, I still want to see at least one QB, Locksley and a grad transfer.

On a less tangible note, in my life, I've never seen a Texas staff that recruited this hard. Granted, this is a totally different game than even just 5 years ago with social media, recruiting coverage and theatrics, but the effort this staff put forth is very impressive to me.

Originally posted by pfka_ms:
Batallion should be crawling out of the woodwork anytime now.
Not too likely since the Texas' class is presently rated higher than the Ag's class.

I do get a chuckle out of the Ags celebrating a keeping a legacy, that committed to them 8 months ago, as a major recruiting victory. Texas should never of had any shot at flipping Murray.

This post was edited on 1/30 4:26 PM by Longyac

Originally posted by Soonersincefitty:
Eh, you're recruiting is all well and good, as it were.

The proof's in the pudding.

Y'all go 11-2, win the Big12, and we'll celebrate together.

Until then, lighten up.
laugh.r191677.gif
No question. The end result on the playing field is all that matters. That said, there are a few big differences for our optimism:

First and foremost, this is a different staff. They've had pretty decent track record in player evaluation and development

Secondly, we're recruiting kids that other big schools are also vying. Somebody posted a thread on our board of about 8 recruits that committed under Mack Brown that did not have their offers extended after Strong came on board. Of those 8, no one had a current offer better than SMU. Towards the end of Mack's regime, he'd make a bunch of early offers; have the class wrapped up way by their junior season and other schools feasted on Mack's misses.

There are so many examples. In 2011, several schools were recruiting Tyrone Swoopes. As evaluations went on, Texas and Ohio State both offered. As the season progressed, the emergence of JT Barrett caught people's attention. Ohio State backed off Swoopes, and Texas only too happy to lose the competitor and stuck with Swoopes and never bothered to properly evaluate and offer Barrett.

There you have it...

Thirdly,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT