ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech Visitor Notes...(UPDATE: 11:30p)

Josh_M

Hall of Fame Poster
Jul 18, 2001
A High School Football Field Somewhere
UPDATE: 11:30p - I just got off the phone with Amani Bledsoe and I can honestly say there was one time in the conversation I thought 'no way on Earth is this guy going to OU' and within a few minutes I thought 'I'm kind of surprised he didn't commit'...

To put it mildly he is a really tough kid to read but it sounds like Oklahoma definitely made an impression on him and his mother.

UPDATE: 11:11p -
A guy I should have mentioned being on campus this weekend was Moore (Okla.) Southmoore Sooners 2018 offensive tackle offer Brey Walker. Sounded like the visit went very well for the Sooners as I think they continue to be in a good spot for him.

UPDATE: 11:04p -
Spoke a bit with Fort Worth South Hills 2017 dual-threat quarterback Tracin Wallace about he and his brother, 2017 Sooners wide receiver offer Tylan Wallace, and their trip to Norman this weekend.

Sounds like things went very well and the two could be returning next month for the TCU game.

UPDATE: 4:16p -
Spoke with Mustang, Okla. tight end Blake Williams about his time in Norman and said he spoke with both Bob Stoops and Cale Gundy during the trip. Though no offer happened Williams said that Gundy wants him to talk with some of their doctors move forward but that date hasn't been set yet.

UPDATE: 4:01p -
Another official visitor is now headed home as Ashton Julious just boarded his plane. I didn't get a chance to speak with him much before he departed but it sounds like the visit went well - working to get more ASAP and to catch up with him when he lands.

UPDATE: 3:08p -
The only official visitor that I know has left campus is Tren'Davian Dickson but talking to a source there was no real indication of what the visit left him with. Dickson kind of has a reputation as both quiet and hard to read but to me that's not great news.

We'll see if I can track him down (if not, I'm hoping I can get up to a practice this week and get some questions answered) on what the visit meant but he is currently headed home.

UPDATE: 1:15p -
I spoke to Rivals250 defensive line official visitor Amani Bledsoe from Lawrence, Kan. briefly - as he is still on his visit -. He'll be there until later this evening but said the visit went 'pretty good'. I know many will think that's an obvious sign of something bad but think Bledsoe is doing other things and isn't a guy to gush about much.

Hoping to catch up with him later though for more answers.

ORIGINAL:
Guys going to be working the phones all day today to see how the Sooners big visit weekend went.

As a few notes before I post the list of visitors so we can kind of have a baseline to work with.

*As mentioned in Saturday's notes the visitor that Scoop had been hinting at for a few weeks was long-time Texas commitment and Navasota, Texas statistical anomaly Tren'Davian Dickson. I still think it's a tough pull for Oklahoma but it says a lot for the Sooners to get a visit from a Longhorn commitment who lives less than two hours from Texas' campus.

*Three guys who didn't make it, were in-state unofficial 'possible' visitors Levi Draper and Rowdy Frederick, as well as possible official visitor Clifford Chattman. This is the reason we're always very careful about confirming folks and as we said Friday in the Scoop even Chattman was a bit up in the air at the last minute.

*One guy who did make it that wasn't on the list, again mentioned in Saturday notes, was Sugar Land (Texas) Fort Bend Clements 2017 offensive lineman Rashawn Slater. He, and his father, spoke with Bill Bedenbaugh prior to yesterday's game and was told the Sooners like his tape and plan to keep in touch.

*Another guy who is quietly building up a name for himself? Tuttle, Okla. 2016 linebacker Blake Berryhill. I spoke to him last night and he told me that Oklahoma didn't see his tape until recently and he was immediately invited to yesterday's game. I don't know anything about where Oklahoma sees him just yet but he is a big 6-foot-3, 235-pound linebacker who could well grow into a defensive end in the college game. Interesting guy but may be a guy that Oklahoma has to look at as a walk-on with a potential for scholarship down the road.

As an interesting aside he is also very close friends with current Sooner receiver Dahu Green.

And here is the list of visitors as we know it:

OFFICIAL VISITS:

Amani Bledsoe
- Lawrence, Kan. DL - RIVALS250
Kellen Diesch
- Trophy Club (Texas) Byron Nelson
Devin Duvernay - Sachse, Texas WR - RIVALS100
Ashton Julious
- Scranton (Penn.) Lackawanna C.C. OL
Trevor Speights - McAllen (Texas) Memorial
Bryce Youngquist - Rancho Cucamonga (Calif.) Los Osos - RIVALS250 - OU COMMIT
Tren'Davian Dickson
- Navasota, Texas - TEXAS COMMIT

UNOFFICIAL VISITS:

Blake Berryhill - 2016 Tuttle, Okla. LB/DE
Owen Condon - 2018 OKC Bishop McGuinness OT
Andre Harris - 2017 Oklahoma City Putnam City North OG
Logan Roberson - 2016 Harrah, Okla. OG - OU COMMIT
Chris Robison
- 2017 Mesquite (Texas) Horn QB - Rivals100 - OU COMMIT
Quint Scoufos
- 2016 Sallisaw, Okla. ATH
William Sherman - 2017 Allen, Texas OG
Darrell Simpson - 2018 Justin (Texas) Northwest OT - OU OFFER
Rashawn Slater
- 2017 Sugar Land (Texas) Fort Bend Clements OL
Tracin Wallace - 2017 Fort Worth South Hills DT-QB
Tylan Wallace - 2017 Fort Worth South Hills WR - OU OFFER
Blake Williams
- 2016 Mustang, Okla. TE
Michael Wilson - 2016 Round Rock, Texas OT
Adrian Wolford - 2017 Meeker, Okla. OG

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.