ADVERTISEMENT

Texas new hire

coeSooner81

Sooner signee
Oct 10, 2014
Texas bringing in ex Duke coach David Cutcliffe as an analyst. Cutcliffe has heavy ties to the Manning family, OC at Tennessee and head coach at Ole Miss. I guess they think this will bring Arch Manning to them.

Manning may turnout to be another Chris Simms. Woo. That’s scary. Chrissy was the High School Player of the year his senior year. If Arch chooses Texas, I wouldn’t be concerned whatsoever. Texas has a way of screwing up best of the lot quarterbacks dating back to Bill Bradley. But I have to give it up to Vince Young. Manning won’t be the threat Young was.

Last edited:
Texas bringing in ex Duke coach David Cutcliffe as an analyst. Cutcliffe has heavy ties to the Manning family, OC at Tennessee and head coach at Ole Miss. I guess they think this will bring Arch Manning to them.

Smart move, he's following the Saban model. Cutliffe and Patterson will pay off huge dividends.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
Manning isn’t going to Texas with Ewers there. WS

Texas is about as South as you can get. Why wouldnt he go there, Ewers has 2 yrs then hes probably out, Manning sits one year then its his show.

Texas is about as South as you can get. Why wouldnt he go there, Ewers has 2 yrs then hes probably out, Manning sits one year then its his show.
Most definitions of the "Deep South" include South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama Mississippi and Louisiana. And now, Texas has become too much of a "melting pot", unlike the 5 states mentioned, to be regarded today as being in the Deep South. And where does a "liberal Mecca" such as Austin exist in any other of the 5 states ?
No one knows what Ewers will do, but I wouldn't bet against Saban losing Manning to Texas.....or any other school.
If he goes to Texas, fine. My concern is what OU will do now to become as elite as Alabama as it approaches going to the SEC.
I'm eager to see how QB Jackson Arnold develops under Lebby. I don't regard Arnold as "sloppy seconds" as it relates to Manning in the class of 2023.
And I'm thinking (and hoping) that Nick Evers can be really special.
In getting Arnold and Evers, after getting Gabriel as a transfer, I think Venables really worked some major "Sooner Magic".

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT