ADVERTISEMENT

Texas football since 2010 Four losing seasons including the last 3 yrs & averaging 6 losses a season

bullmarket

Sooner signee
May 29, 2001
2010 5-7
2011 8-5
2012 9-4
2013 8-5
2014 6-7
2015 5-7
2016 5-7
And they have 2017 off to a good start being 1-2 so far.
When they brag about a loss which they did last Saturday it shows how far they have fallen.

But But But they are Texas

Pooooor ptiful horns.

Reactions: iasooner1
The real shocker? 2010. Wasn't that when the LHN showed up? I remember thinking LHN should be called The Mack Brown Network. How much could these new Coach Brown requirements contribute to the down turn?

I wish Texas was undefeated

Since 2010?????? I was rooting for them vs. USC because it could help OU. But wanting them to win in any sport is very rare for me in my lifetime.

In fact me wanting Texas to win last Saturday was perhaps the first time I wanted them to win in many years.

Last edited:
Reactions: toadfrog
Last Saturday "moral" victory. The Texass fans are shocked they don't suck as bad as they normally do, getting beat.

I'm not impressed with USC, San Diego beat them and as beat up as they are. I bet they loss 3 or 4 games this season.

Shorthorns look consistent as a mediocre team. Granted they have some skilled players. They are not well disciplined and a kissy coach is about to learn that Big 12 play is not the jump jump or ball pit at the fun zone. His presser this morning was very much him being defensive if not abrasive to media: I am sure the oilies/boosters just love to see 1-2 with a signature win against friggin San Jose State....

Sorry, I can't root for Texass in anything. Those "we're entitled because we are Texas" horn fans can suck it. The only perfect season I wish on them is a winless one. Besides, half the state is nothing but blowing dirt and tumbleweeds, the southern half is an extension of Mexico, and there is a definite stench of dirty ass within 50 miles of Austin.

Since 2010?????? I was rooting for them vs. USC because it could help OU. But wanting them to win in any sport is very rare for me in my lifetime.

In fact me wanting Texas to win last Saturday was perhaps the first time I wanted them to win in many years.

That's a shock. :rolleyes: Actually when I saw your post that you wanted a Longhorn win, I peed my pants, but only dribble so I didn't have to change.

2010 5-7
2011 8-5
2012 9-4
2013 8-5
2014 6-7
2015 5-7
2016 5-7
When they brag about a loss which they did last Saturday it shows how far they have fallen.

Pooooor ptiful horns.
Those "poor pitiful horns" have come close to winning all 4 of the last RRR games (barely losing two games by scores of 31-26 and 45-40), in case some of our memories are limited. So whatever issues Texas has had means nothing to me.
I see a Texas team that can play with anyone, especially OU. And I see a Texas team with the potential to improve as the season goes along. I hope whatever improvement is achieved is after October 14 and before October 21, when O-State travels to Austin.
No one here dislikes Texas as much as me, but my love for OU is not at all defined by "hating" Texas or any other team. I have no problem with an objective analysis of a team I don't like.

Texas beating USC would have had very little effect on OU. OU's destiny is in their hands. Win and everything takes care of itself. Lose and no one is to blame but OU. Wanting Texas to win is a crime against nature.

Just win the games we are supposed to win and, if we are an underdog, play close or pull an upset. That will insure a playoff spot. Seems so simple doesn't it? :D

2010 5-7
2011 8-5
2012 9-4
2013 8-5
2014 6-7
2015 5-7
2016 5-7

Pooooor ptiful horns.

But, but, OU has only won 6 of the last 12.

You're crazy if you don't think UT will improve as the season rolls out. They will give us a good game in Dallas.

Well, I'm going to be Nostradamus and predict that this year begins a 4-5 year run on Texas. Look back at the series. Rarely does it go back and forth. It's usually in streaks, so since it's gone back and forth the last 4 years, it's time for a streak to begin.

In fact, the past 4 years are the only time the series has gone back and forth 4 games in a row. Pretty amazing.

No matter how down they seem to be it will be a game we need to win and a game they want to win. They would love nothing more than train wrecking OU's chance at a Natty. If history has taught us anything about the RRR the best team does not always win. Hopefully Riley can keep the Sooners hungry and focused on the task at hand. With so many young guys playing he needs to instill in them the attitude that you cannot let up, you need to bring your A game every week because you are only as good as your last win. I think we all saw a bit of an ohio state hangover last Saturday in the 1st half vs Tulane. Won't be able to get away with that against better competition. Stay focused Sooners, one game at a time.

No matter how down they seem to be it will be a game we need to win and a game they want to win. They would love nothing more than train wrecking OU's chance at a Natty. If history has taught us anything about the RRR the best team does not always win. Hopefully Riley can keep the Sooners hungry and focused on the task at hand. With so many young guys playing he needs to instill in them the attitude that you cannot let up, you need to bring your A game every week because you are only as good as your last win. I think we all saw a bit of an ohio state hangover last Saturday in the 1st half vs Tulane. Won't be able to get away with that against better competition. Stay focused Sooners, one game at a time.

Amen, brother.

You made me laugh out loud!

The last time I rooted for texas was in 1917......or was it 1914?. ;)
Remember that 27 of Texas' 61 victories were before the end of WWII (1945). Up to 1945, Texas owned a 27-11-2 record over OU.
Since 1946, there series is tied at 34-34-3......thanks in part to OU alumnus Darrell Royal's 12-7-1 record from 1957-1976.

But, but, OU has only won 6 of the last 12.

You're crazy if you don't think UT will improve as the season rolls out. They will give us a good game in Dallas.

Texas, potentially, will be the hardest game of the year for our offense...Their defense was much improved from week 1 to 3

Discipline is still a huge issue for them

The verdict is still out on USC. However if we accept them as a good team at face value, then Texas definitely stepped up and played great defense. Their offense still looked pathetic.

But the trend that I'm seeing is that Tom Herman seems to coach to specific games. Look at his big wins at Houston and then his head-scratching losses. While only 3 games into 2017 and giving them credit for their "moral victory" against USC, it looks like his trend is continuing. As if coaching only for the USC game was going to be enough to beat Maryland by proxy.

I think a lot of you are correct in that he's in a for a surprise when coaching in the "big leagues" where every team can beat you every week.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if he's already coaching them up for OU and wins against Iowa State and Kansas State will be automatics.

ADVERTISEMENT