ADVERTISEMENT

TCU board.....Thread linked..

Mike Stoops said, "They don't play like we do in our league..." or something of that nature... Fans? Who cares what fans say... Better talk to them...

Where did the OP of that thread come up with that garbage?? Sounds like something he made up since he prolly has no friends and has to seek endless attention on message boards by making things up and thus he feels better about himself. Pretty sad situation if you ask me.

Oh, there are plenty who see the little xii as a sinking ship. Some do blame it being weak as the reason OU is down. I don't care about all of that. OU plays anyone anywhere anytime in my book. Be ready to play. Don't embarrass yourself or the University. Simple as that.

Reactions: BillyRay
Oh, there are plenty who see the little xii as a sinking ship. Some do blame it being weak as the reason OU is down. I don't care about all of that. OU plays anyone anywhere anytime in my book. Be ready to play. Don't embarrass yourself or the University. Simple as that.
Oh I agree the Big XII is a sinking ship. The recent news coming out about expansion being just about dead in the water really is about to pound that final nail in the coffin for the future of this conference.
I've never considered being in the Big XII the "fault" for OUs fall out of the upper tier programs right now. But I absolutely believe that if OU moved to the SEC, that recruiting would be enhanced by switching to that conference.

Oh I agree the Big XII is a sinking ship. The recent news coming out about expansion being just about dead in the water really is about to pound that final nail in the coffin for the future of this conference.
I've never considered being in the Big XII the "fault" for OUs fall out of the upper tier programs right now. But I absolutely believe that if OU moved to the SEC, that recruiting would be enhanced by switching to that conference.

I'd prefer OU either stay in the Big XII and demand expansion with quality programs, or go to the Big 10 and renew the Nebraska rivalry, and putting texASS back to a non conference rivalry...

I'd prefer OU either stay in the Big XII and demand expansion with quality programs, or go to the Big 10 and renew the Nebraska rivalry, and putting texASS back to a non conference rivalry...
I would prefer that too. But there is the issue of what "quality" programs are not only available, but also if there are any could any of them be agreed upon by the rest of the conference members to get the support needed to vote them in? The Big XII announced not long ago that they had trimmed the list down as far as schools they felt were worthy of expansion. But as of now, none of those teams have gotten enough support from conference members to get the votes to get them in.
The Big XII right now just looks like a complete joke in my opinion.

I would prefer that too. But there is the issue of what "quality" programs are not only available, but also if there are any could any of them be agreed upon by the rest of the conference members to get the support needed to vote them in? The Big XII announced not long ago that they had trimmed the list down as far as schools they felt were worthy of expansion. But as of now, none of those teams have gotten enough support from conference members to get the votes to get them in.
The Big XII right now just looks like a complete joke in my opinion.

I've often wondered why the Big XII as a conference watched 4 member institutions basically get bought by other conferences and never went at those same conferences to replace them. Why not go after Iowa, Arkansas, LSU, Tennessee or others? I'm not really big on Pac 12 schools, yet what would happen if Arizona or Utah bolted to the Big XII?

It's almost as if the powers that be don't want to go after the big power conferences, yet all of them have robbed others. Big 10 is now 14. ACC was expanded to 14, as was the sucsucsuc... Big XII is 10 by adding 2 after losing 4... Yet they chase who? Get BYU and UH if you can't get anyone else... The big least conference was basically disolved by the better programs going to the ACC and Big 10 while the smaller ones formed the American, stealing some others along the way... Make the Big XII Great Again! Ha... Or maybe OU should find a place for themselves. Of course, aOm has to go with them, which is total b.s....

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Well the Big XII never had a prayer at luring any SEC schools away from that conference. But at the time, I really don't know if the Big XII had any chance at ANY power 5 programs since it was day-to-day as to whether the Big XII was even going to exist going forward. No way would any power 5 program leave a safe conference and join a conference that appeared to be doomed. The only options left for the Big XII after that was the lower tier conference programs.

Well the Big XII never had a prayer at luring any SEC schools away from that conference. But at the time, I really don't know if the Big XII had any chance at ANY power 5 programs since it was day-to-day as to whether the Big XII was even going to exist going forward. No way would any power 5 program leave a safe conference and join a conference that appeared to be doomed. The only options left for the Big XII after that was the lower tier conference programs.

Sure they did. Not with spineless leaders though. Alabama and Tennessee are affiliate members already... for women's rowing, but still members, haha. Creation of a TV network, texASS wasn't after their own at that time. After the Big XII didn't pursue one, they were interested in a Lone Star network deal that needed aTm on board... ESPN worked the Longhorn Network deal, but it isn't as if the Big XII couldn't have had one... The ACC was never considered close to the Big XII a decade ago. The Big XII leadership failed in securing it's interests and future interests... Time to change it or pour some gasoline on it....

I've often wondered why the Big XII as a conference watched 4 member institutions basically get bought by other conferences and never went at those same conferences to replace them. Why not go after Iowa, Arkansas, LSU, Tennessee or others? I'm not really big on Pac 12 schools, yet what would happen if Arizona or Utah bolted to the Big XII?

It's almost as if the powers that be don't want to go after the big power conferences, yet all of them have robbed others. Big 10 is now 14. ACC was expanded to 14, as was the sucsucsuc... Big XII is 10 by adding 2 after losing 4... Yet they chase who? Get BYU and UH if you can't get anyone else... The big least conference was basically disolved by the better programs going to the ACC and Big 10 while the smaller ones formed the American, stealing some others along the way... Make the Big XII Great Again! Ha... Or maybe OU should find a place for themselves. Of course, aOm has to go with them, which is total b.s....
Not a single sec team you mentioned would be stupid enough to leave the money they get to join a weak big 12,11,10. WOULD NEVER HAPPEN. Can't see any power 5 CONFERENCE TEAMS leaving to join the big 12,11,10. Long overdue for OU to leave, should have happened a while back but somebody made a huge mistake and now we are stuck here for a while.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
Not a single sec team you mentioned would be stupid enough to leave the money they get to join a weak big 12,11,10. WOULD NEVER HAPPEN. Can't see any power 5 CONFERENCE TEAMS leaving to join the big 12,11,10. Long overdue for OU to leave, should have happened a while back but somebody made a huge mistake and now we are stuck here for a while.

Well of course not. The Big XII, or should I say little xii, has nothing to offer at this point. The blissful ignorance of the powers that were and the powers now is baffling. Yet the Big XII ranks second to the sucsucsuc in average profit per school. It is almost twice that of the ACC and over 2.5 Times that of Big 10 schools.

Conference Avg. Revenue Avg. Expenses Avg. Profit/Loss
SEC. $122,517,029. $105,609,195. $16,907,834
Big Ten. $108,498,429. $106,604,255. $1,894,174
Big 12. $103,336,579. $98,491,826. $4,844,753
ACC. $90,416,823. $87,753,344. $2,663,479
Pac-12. $81,255,208. $82,774,493. ($1,519,285)

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...ic-department-finances-sec-big-ten-pac-12-acc

aTm shows profits of $83 million... They don't show the $483 million expense for stadium expansion though... Even eliminating them from the equation, sucsucsuc average profit exceeds $10 million per school. Add aTm figures to the Big XII schools and what happens? Those 11 schools would average close to $12 million.

A network, better tv deals, and good leadership can put the Big XII right back in the mix. The Longhorn Network is a failure. Maybe it's time for the other 9 schools to pressure texASS into doing something for the conference instead of themselves... One way or another, a solution would come, be it a revamped Big XII, or scrapping it for new playgrounds...

A conference network is dead in the water so the Longhorn network isn't going anywhere. Boren said "that ship has sailed" in regards to a conference network. So that part of Boren's demands earlier this year is done. Another demand that Boren made was in regards to conference expansion and even that looks to be in considerable peril as no program that is being considered can get the support needed to get the votes to be invited. So without expansion, not sure how the Big XII can rework better TV deals than what it currently has.
So I guess Boren got ONE of his demands in getting a conference title game back. But his other 2 demands have fallen flat. So let's see what Boren will do to back up what he said earlier this year. Will he just shrug his shoulders and say "oh well I tried"?? Or will he start working on an exit plan to get OU out of the Big XII? I'm hoping the latter.

A conference network is dead in the water so the Longhorn network isn't going anywhere. Boren said "that ship has sailed" in regards to a conference network. So that part of Boren's demands earlier this year is done. Another demand that Boren made was in regards to conference expansion and even that looks to be in considerable peril as no program that is being considered can get the support needed to get the votes to be invited. So without expansion, not sure how the Big XII can rework better TV deals than what it currently has.
So I guess Boren got ONE of his demands in getting a conference title game back. But his other 2 demands have fallen flat. So let's see what Boren will do to back up what he said earlier this year. Will he just shrug his shoulders and say "oh well I tried"?? Or will he start working on an exit plan to get OU out of the Big XII? I'm hoping the latter.

I understand what you're saying, but do you believe the b.s. they are spewing? I see it like a coach... "I'm not going anywhere." and the next week, coach is being announced to his new job at his new school...

I understand what you're saying, but do you believe the b.s. they are spewing? I see it like a coach... "I'm not going anywhere." and the next week, coach is being announced to his new job at his new school...
I guess we will have to wait and see if what Boren and others are saying publicly, line up with what is or will happen. But I don't see any benefit in publicly saying such things if it isn't true since it really just paints the Big XII as being devoid of any legitimate leadership or plans for the future of the conference.

I guess we will have to wait and see if what Boren and others are saying publicly, line up with what is or will happen. But I don't see any benefit in publicly saying such things if it isn't true since it really just paints the Big XII as being devoid of any legitimate leadership or plans for the future of the conference.

It's a reverse psychology ploy to make teams feel that they will add something more to this now considered deplorable league than what they really are... as if playing a conference game against Louisiana Monroe strengthens the conference. Other than Baylor, I don't see it beneficial.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT