ADVERTISEMENT

Targeting

PryorFan

Sooner starter
Dec 26, 2004
Obvious target hit in Mixon. why do refs miss so many targeting hits on Sooner players? You would think targeting would be a replay event.

Obvious target hit in Mixon. why do refs miss so many targeting hits on Sooner players? You would think targeting would be a replay event.
I didn't watch the game. Was it a pass play or a run? seems like I remember some discussion on this board in years past that RBs just don't get targeting calls unless it's really flagrant.

By rule the booth can call targeting even if missed on the field. The announcers said it was targeting and were surprised by the no call/no replay...

Reactions: OUSOONER67
By rule the booth can call targeting even if missed on the field. The announcers said it was targeting and were surprised by the no call/no replay...

Yes. I was watching BYU vs Miss St last night and a State player was called for targeting on the field and it was reviewed by the booth and overturned, rules say the booth can also review one if it was not called on the field and make the call. The refs last night were sec refs, review booth was big 12 officials.

Reactions: PtLavacaSooner
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT