ADVERTISEMENT

Swenson to All Bowl team

“Swenson got the highest Pro Football Focus grade (90.3) of any offensive lineman for his bowl performance”. The highest grade of any offensive lineman, on any bowl team.

So we complained that our guys got shafted on the all-conference team, then when Swenson receives this honor - we make fun of him?

Congratulations Erik!

“Swenson got the highest Pro Football Focus grade (90.3) of any offensive lineman for his bowl performance”. The highest grade of any offensive lineman, on any bowl team.

So we complained that our guys got shafted on the all-conference team, then when Swenson receives this honor - we make fun of him?

Congratulations Erik!

Man thats kinda hard to believe. I know he was flagged a couple of times and really seemed to be our weakest lineman this year

He probably was our weakest starting lineman this year. But he was obviously pretty solid in the Cotton Bowl. It was probably the best game of his Sooner career.

I just don’t understand why we would come on here and continue to diss the kid, after he receives an honor like that. He’s not a Whorn or a sheephumper. He is a Sooner, after all.

And who's to say that while he has not been an elite OT, that he can't be a very good player who simply is a late bloomer ?

Legend has it that there's an NFL Hall of Fame QB that barely did squat in college and was only drafted in the 6th round, arguably the greatest NFL player ever.

It is possible for him to become the greatest NFL Left Tackle ever. But, nothing in his college career, so far, would lead you to believe that. He played one of the 2 most important O-line positions for OU and played so poorly on the year that OU tried to replace him more than once with a true freshman.
I may be mistaken, but I think Harrison got playing time in the CB also, which makes it unusual Swenson would have been recognized to an All Bowl Team.

Reactions: JConXtsy
It is possible for him to become the greatest NFL Left Tackle ever. But, nothing in his college career, so far, would lead you to believe that. He played one of the 2 most important O-line positions for OU and played so poorly on the year that OU tried to replace him more than once with a true freshman.
I may be mistaken, but I think Harrison got playing time in the CB also, which makes it unusual Swenson would have been recognized to an All Bowl Team.
I guess we hope for a late bloomer and wish him the best for next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT