ADVERTISEMENT

Surely not.

I know that every school deserves and needs a head coach, and that there have been successful coaches that have come from North Texas, basically Jack Sisco and Hayden Fry, there may more.....but the vast majority of past head coaches at North Texas didn't ever make it to a better HC job. Why would any of those on the list go to North Texas?

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
If so, I don't think that's smart at this point. But of course I'm just an old angry white conservative former CEO.

I think it's a smart move. I wouldn't touch that job, but it's a fine opportunity to hone his interview skills. I did it a couple of times in my former working life. Problem was, I was offered a job and guaranteed a promotion to Detroit in six months.........Uh, no.

Reactions: iasooner1
I think it's a smart move. I wouldn't touch that job, but it's a fine opportunity to hone his interview skills. I did it a couple of times in my former working life. Problem was, I was offered a job and guaranteed a promotion to Detroit in six months.........Uh, no.

Yep, done that before.
Didn't take the new gig but did get a 20% raise where I was.

America, what a country it was!:(

Reactions: K2C Sooner
I read where there are already 8 head coach openings this year. Maybe it was this site. I'm sure more will come after the season. That will leave a lot of room for some successful mid-major coaches to move on. I would think they will be looking at some of the young gun OC's mentioned for the NT job. I would wait.

The new Tulsa coach has already been mentioned as moving on to a better job. Tulsa would be a better job than North Texas.

Visiting the Auburn site and they are starting to grumble about Gus Malzhan.
Georgia board is red hot on rumors that Mark Richt is in big time trouble.......

I read where there are already 8 head coach openings this year. Maybe it was this site. I'm sure more will come after the season. That will leave a lot of room for some successful mid-major coaches to move on. I would think they will be looking at some of the young gun OC's mentioned for the NT job. I would wait.

The new Tulsa coach has already been mentioned as moving on to a better job. Tulsa would be a better job than North Texas.

Visiting the Auburn site and they are starting to grumble about Gus Malzhan.
Georgia board is red hot on rumors that Mark Richt is in big time trouble.......

Well, if Riley ends up at Tulsa, I hope OU stops playing them every other year. He'll have the Hurricane a humming along.
The guy has talents he's not even aware of yet.

Reactions: WhyNotaSooner
Well, if Riley ends up at Tulsa, I hope OU stops playing them every other year. He'll have the Hurricane a humming along.
The guy has talents he's not even aware of yet.

Just to clarify......I read all this on fan message boards. There is nothing concrete on any of the coaches I mentioned leaving respective schools, especially Tulsa.

Just to clarify......I read all this on fan message boards. There is nothing concrete on any of the coaches I mentioned leaving respective schools, especially Tulsa.

Oh, I'm hip to what you're saying...we're all just spit balling here.
If we had a checkerboard out we'd be Mayberry on Sunday afternoon after church.:D

Auburn before?

Nope, he was a Hayden Frye study at Iowa, his alma mater for a while before he went to Wisconsin and some Fla. schools, ending up at Iowa State for about ten years.
Guy can't get a break...always going to these broken down programs where literally everything is against you.
Tradition, money, fan support, administrative support.
It's got to be a bitch.
Got to give it up to those guys like him and Houston Nutt that just keep plugging along in mediocrity, seemingly forever.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Senior brings the Hammer !

(by the way, it's just Fry; as in small. Bill Snyder's move to the old Big 8 couldn't produce more than one or two conference Championships. Alvarez had more success I think. Of course Bob is the only one that has exceeded the Fry tradition of mediocrity.)

Reactions: Senior Sooner
I said this in the other Lincoln-to-NTU thread, that he needs to stay at OU for a couple more years and he'll get a better job than NTU. Sorry Mean Green, it's true.....

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT