ADVERTISEMENT

Super Bowl thoughts

WhyNotaSooner

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2004
It looks like the Seattle Coach went all Heupel like and lost the game.

The commercials this year went pretty politically correct so as not offend anyone.

Katy Perry's performance was pretty decent. No slutting it up too much No wardrobe mal-functions. I thought her entrance and exit was pretty tight. I also enjoyed the mix of technology into the show.

Now that the Patriots have won the game, it's doubtful that the NFL will find them guilty of deflate gate and tarnish their brand with a fraudulent Super Bowl Champion.

I understand the idea behind passing on second down with only 1 timeout and 20 seconds left. If the pass is incomplete, you can still run it on third and use the timeout if he gets stopped and then go for it on fourth down. But then, you've got one of the top RBs and he has not been stopped behind the line of scrimmage all night, so why not give him the ball on second down? If he gets stuffed, call timeout and give it to him on third down and win the game. What is it they say about hindsight?

As much as I lust after Katy Perry (she's on my top 5 list), she's just not SuperBowl material. Lots of gimmicks with the Tiger and the floating platform, but her pop music is not geared for the SuperBowl crowd. I get they were going for the younger demographic and mixing in Lenny Kravitz (he needed more camera time) and Missy Elliott (gotta admit, that was pretty cool bringing her on) was a very good move.

LOVED the Brady Bunch Snickers commercial. Felt like a lot of commercials went for the heartstrings or the PC message. Not as much humor as in year's past.

Overall it was a great game, decent halftime and pretty good commercials.

what a bone head call, if you throw it on 2nd, it's gotta be outside, quick screen, fade to the corner, not in the middle of a stacked defense thinking beast is getting the ball. I can't stand Carroll anyway,so not too upset, although I am tired of the Pat's.

When it comes to clock management, Belechick owns Carroll. Could not understand why the Seahawks were taking so much time to run plays on the last drive. Wasted over 25 seconds on one pass play. Still in a position to win. And then burn 40 seconds on one running play. And Belechick knew Carroll was now sweating the clock. And called the wrong play. Loved it. Do not understand why pros, and some colleges, can't figure out how to run plays like Oregon; at least in the last two minutes.

The decision to call the pass play at the one yard line might be the worst call in a big game, in a big moment that I can recall. It diminished what I thought was one of the best Super Bowls ever played....and I don't believe there has been too many Super Bowls that have been this suspenseful or as fun to watch.

The commercials were okay. I'm not sure what political correctness has to do with any of them, but to each his own....after all, there was one depicting an old man losing his "performance" pill and having it fall into a car's gas tank. The implication that someone's trying to get laid can be pretty risque to some.

I don't watch Super Bowl halftimes. Generally, the music and overall entertainment just isn't my preference.

I think "deflategate" is dead in the water, but I believe that there will be new rules on how the footballs are handled before games. I think that only the officials will be allowed to oversee how they are inflated and that the footballs will be put in a guarded area....something along those lines.

Originally posted by CTOkie:

I think "deflategate" is dead in the water, but I believe that there will be new rules on how the footballs are handled before games. I think that only the officials will be allowed to oversee how they are inflated and that the footballs will be put in a guarded area....something along those lines.
I can't believe that the NFL would take precise steps to ensure that the balls used were official and set to NFL standards, then they just hand each team half the balls. The NFL has all sorts of officials to handle all sorts of things within the game. Why aren't the "ball boys" supplied by the NFL? After the balls are certified, they are given to ball officials who are responsible for them for the duration of the game.
Why would you give up control of the balls after going through all the trouble to make certain that every ball meets NFL specifications?

Humble, relax....I stated something that seemed like a good idea that a commentator suggested as far as keeping footballs "quarantined" prior to games. Frankly, I don't care what they do.

ADVERTISEMENT