ADVERTISEMENT

Super Bowl Poll

Pick the Super Bowl winner.

• New England Patriots

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Atlanta Falcons

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters
This is like me picking the winner of OU and the Dallas Cowboys. I love the Sooners and loathe Jerry Jones and his team, so I would vote OU. Atlanta gets my vote.

Reactions: iasooner1
On paper Atlanta is the better team but damn it's hard to pick against Brady and Belicek.

I'll still go with Atlanta but I'm pulling for New England.

New England was clearly trying to take their time on that pick 6 drive to give their defense a chance to rally.

New England was clearly trying to take their time on that pick 6 drive to give their defense a chance to rally.

Couldn't disagree more. They were mixing it up and had the drive extended three times for holding in the secondary on passing plays. The penalties are what extended the drive.... not the play calling.

Couldn't disagree more. They were mixing it up and had the drive extended three times for holding in the secondary on passing plays. The penalties are what extended the drive.... not the play calling.

Yes the penalties kept the drive going but the runs and deliberately slow moving were by design.

Could they not find any talent whatsoever to carry this mess ?

At least she represented inclusive & harmonius behavior and did not show her azz, much.
For that, she gets my respect

Last edited:
Yes the penalties kept the drive going but the runs and deliberately slow moving were by design.

12 plays plus 3 "no plays" in 6:27, including the pick 6, which took a bunch of clock when the DB slowed down. But whatever.

That was the biggest collapse since the Oilers folded against the Bills in the '93 playoffs. Must have been like death by a 1000 cuts for Falcons fans.... and Goodell.

That was the biggest collapse since the Oilers folded against the Bills in the '93 playoffs. Must have been like death by a 1000 cuts for Falcons fans.... and Goodell.

But a little different dynamic. Houston lost to the Bill's backup quarterback. At home.

Brady is a little better than that. And it was the Super Bowl.

What a memory you have brought back. I was a Oiler fan and watching Houston fold like a yard chair was excruciating right up to the point when Buddy Ryan smacked Kevin Gilbride. Then I laughed to the point I peed myself. Thanks for the great flashback, man!

What a memory you have brought back. I was a Oiler fan and watching Houston fold like a yard chair was excruciating right up to the point when Buddy Ryan smacked Kevin Gilbride. Then I laughed to the point I peed myself. Thanks for the great flashback, man!

Probably the best Plano Wildcat football player ever was Pat Thomas. Maybe the best athlete. His senior year was incredibly special. Pat started at corner at A&M for four years and his class turned A&M around after two decades of mediocrity. Jerry Pettibone desperately wanted Pat, and thought we'd have signed him, but we wouldn't offer his cousin, who ended up starting at safety at A&M.

Then he was a long time starter for the Rams including an appearance in Super Bowl XIV.

I brought that up because Pat was the DB coach at Houston that day, and was fired the following week. I find it hard to believe that it should have been all on him. But any HC will cover his own backside.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT