ADVERTISEMENT

Suggestion for the Pod

Nov 30, 2021
Truly just honest feedback but wanted to suggest the mods start adding in some structure before recording a pod. @Josh_M @Carey Murdock

Just listened to the most recent one on the new hires and the crew did not address the Jerry Schmidt hire or the Miguel Chavis hire besides brief mentions. The latter of which most people do not understand. Also, it seemed like an opportunity to speculate on the DL, CB/S hire and talk about the "gentlemen's agreement" with Clemson, but they did not. In the recruiting section, there seemed to be an obvious chance to talk about the clemson decommitments but nothing.

I get this might have been a shorter one on purpose but it seems the pod, as I've been listening over the past few years, could use someone taking 10 min before recording to create a checklist of things to touch on, send it out to other commentators beforehand, and be responsible for keeping the crew on topic and get them to hit on all the points. I think this would make the content more substantial and would actually reduce down the length of the pods in general, which can sometimes push 90-120 min. I do like the laidback feel of the pod but sometimes I think some big talking points are missed for completely irrelevant pieces of diatribe that is usually some built on inside knowledge/inside jokes that listeners have zero background or context to understand.

Interested if people agree or disagree. Nothing personal on my end- just a suggestion

also, i just recently rejoined after a few years away. This is probably not new but is new to me

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.