ADVERTISEMENT

Stripe The Stadium/ 11am Kick/ WVU

Hambone694

Sooner commitment
Apr 21, 2015
Bit of a rant here. First off the stripe the stadium. I personally think this is a really good idea and makes the stadium look cooler and of course it adds to the atmosphere. But why in the hell would we do this for WVU? Can we all agree how stupid it will look when people turn on their TV in the morning and see the striped stadium. They're gonna be like wait, is WVU ranked, is this supposed to be a big game, shouldn't this be a night game??? Which leads me back to my point. Why do this for the f'ing West Virginia game?!? I know WVU is pretty good and will likely be ranked when they come to Norman in two weeks. But we already did this once back in 2013 for WVU and we're doing it again! What has WVU done to deserve that? Why wouldn't they wait until TCU comes to town in November? With the way OU's and TCU's schedules set up both teams have a chance to be undefeated or atleast in pretty good shape. And not to mention it's senior day and I can almost gaurantee you this will be a night game. Does the University not have faith in the program? Do they not think that the Sooners can make it into that game at 10-0 or with a good record? And it's still senior day! Back to WVU, why on Earth would you make this the stripe the stadium game unless you're absolutely positive that it will be a Nationally Broadcasted night game. When I initially saw that we'd be striping it in two weeks I thought. "Man, that's stupid, why not wait until later in the year? Maybe Tech will be good? The TCU game will be cool too? Oh well, atleast it'll probably be a night game on FOX with Gus Johnson (I love Gus Johnson) and WVU will be ranked."
But no... It's 11am on FS1...
At this point I think they're just trying to add interest to games.
PS: That top left patch of the student section that no one sits in at the 11 am kicks will look great with the stripes. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.