ADVERTISEMENT

Stevenson declares for NFL draft

Shelf-life for RB's is low. I understand it. I hope he goes to the Steelers as Bus#2.

Thanks Stevenson for helping us win a few games including the bowl game but would have been nice to have had him when he was out suspended

We'd made the playoffs if he wasn't suspended. He'll go 2nd or higher. He's not injured. He had a great year after his return.

Reactions: Belldozer1
No more playoffs until we get our shiite together as a complete team.
Besides after the last 2 beatdowns I doubt anyone would have taken us over the 4 that got in.
i believe OU is slowly getting itself together as a complete team.....one that can play defense as well as offense.
The accomplishments of Mayfield and Murray were somewhat nullified by their teams' inability to stop the opposition from outscoring them. Even a single defensive stop in game changing situations would have been huge.
OU is emerging from a decade of an embarrassing number of high scoring games, some in big games both in the regular season and post season. I watched too many games that resembled arena-style football with absolutely no trace of defensive play involved.....which is far removed from championship caliber football.
Coach Grinch is making very noticeable progress in cleaning up the mess he inherited from Bob Stoops' apparent disregard for playing defense in the latter half of his time at OU. What many don't realize is that this task can't happen overnight, but is anywhere from a 2-4 year process as Grinch brings in HIS recruits as well as resurrecting those recruits he inherited, which I think he's done.
What I see as the ingredients for another national championship for OU are patience to some degree, closing the recruiting gap between itself and Alabama (which will be challenging with Alabama's increased presenve in the state of Texas), taking defense as seriously as it has taken offense and wining big games and post season games. After September of last year, I could see some of these things start to emerge, even during a very fractured season.

Last edited:
No more playoffs until we get our shiite together as a complete team.
Besides after the last 2 beatdowns I doubt anyone would have taken us over the 4 that got in.

My point is I think w/ Stevenson & Perkins we would have been undefeated in conference play. This was a vastly different team when they joined up. HUGE turnaround. Believe it when OU is undefeated, they would gladly invite us.

Reactions: Belldozer1
i believe OU is slowly getting itself together as a complete team.....one that can play defense as well as offense.
The accomplishments of Mayfield and Murray were somewhat nullified by their teams' inability to stop the opposition from outscoring them. Even a single defensive stop in game changing situations would have been huge.
OU is emerging from a decade of an embarrassing number of high scoring games, some in big games both in the regular season and post season. I watched too many games that resembled arena-style football with absolutely no trace of defensive play involved.....which is far removed from championship caliber football.
Coach Grinch is making very noticeable progress in cleaning up the mess he inherited from Bob Stoops' apparent disregard for playing defense in the latter half of his time at OU. What many don't realize is that this task can't happen overnight, but is anywhere from a 2-4 year process as Grinch brings in HIS recruits as well as resurrecting those recruits he inherited, which I think he's done.
What I see as the ingredients for another national championship for OU are patience to some degree, closing the recruiting gap between itself and Alabama (which will be challenging with Alabama's increased presenve in the state of Texas), taking defense as seriously as it has taken offense and wining big games and post season games. After September of last year, I could see some of these things start to emerge, even during a very fractured season.

I don't mean to minimize your commentary regarding Grinch because it's accurate. But another important thing that has helped this defense now is that Riley's offense is actually running the ball more than Stoop's teams did. There is big big change there.

I don't mean to minimize your commentary regarding Grinch because it's accurate. But another important thing that has helped this defense now is that Riley's offense is actually running the ball more than Stoop's teams did. There is big big change there.
Agree....and Riley dips into his depth chart more, especially on defense

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT