ADVERTISEMENT

Steeler qb Dwayne Haskins dies in an accident at 24.

Haskins was a raw talent coming out of college and lacked experience and a real work ethic having been a one- year starter at Ohio State.
I believe his downfall was, more than anything else, his immaturity which kept him from achieving an NFL career.
I doubt if I would have wanted to know him personally, but I feel the same way about most NFL players.
Haskins' "sin" of being a draft day bust was his own fault, but it can't be a meanspirited reason to relish his death.

Haskins was a raw talent coming out of college and lacked experience and a real work ethic having been a one- year starter at Ohio State.
I believe his downfall was, more than anything else, his immaturity which kept him from achieving an NFL career.
I doubt if I would have wanted to know him personally, but I feel the same way about most NFL players.
Haskins' "sin" of being a draft day bust was his own fault, but it can't be a meanspirited reason to relish his death.
I can't for the life in me understand yer opinion that I relish the knucklehead's death. I ain't celebrating it. Get off yer high horse ct.

Reactions: Plainosooner
This thread should be deleted. There are two sides in this thread and I understand both. There are instances in our lives when we say or do things that we wish we could have back. Woody expressed his opinion. Whether one agrees or disagrees, it is Woody's opinion. Pointing out the merits or demerits of this opinion falls into that category of "mind your own business". We must admit that jogging on a highway with your back to oncoming traffic, if true, is one of those Darwin award moments.

This thread should be deleted. There are two sides in this thread and I understand both. There are instances in our lives when we say or do things that we wish we could have back. Woody expressed his opinion. Whether one agrees or disagrees, it is Woody's opinion. Pointing out the merits or demerits of this opinion falls into that category of "mind your own business". We must admit that jogging on a highway with your back to oncoming traffic, if true, is one of those Darwin award moments.
I agree with you, Scottsdale, although if an opinion is expressed publicly, it is not a "mind your own business" opinion.
No one goes through life without instances of saying the wrong things. When it happens and we are called out on it, it should been regarded as constructive criticism. It's been that way for me.

I agree with you, Scottsdale, although if an opinion is expressed publicly, it is not a "mind your own business" opinion.
No one goes through life without instances of saying the wrong things. When it happens and we are called out on it, it should been regarded as constructive criticism. It's been that way for me.
And I agree with you CT. The pseudo-rules of society indicate that opinions voiced publicly are subject to "open season" rebuttals. There is also the term of "discretion is the better part of valor". I rarely feel bad for things I did not say and I often wish I had said less when I did speak. Take care my friend.

F
You said, "I laugh because he was a turd".
The statement speaks for itself.
You shouldn't say things you don't mean or that you can't defend.
What do I have to defend? My post hurt yer sensitive yankee feelings obviously. I'll look into a sensitivity rehab/bootcamp. How about that? Is it too late at 55? You're a great poster of all things SOONER and I've posted many times I appreciate you're posts. 😁

Reactions: loopafied68
And I agree with you CT. The pseudo-rules of society indicate that opinions voiced publicly are subject to "open season" rebuttals. There is also the term of "discretion is the better part of valor". I rarely feel bad for things I did not say and I often wish I had said less when I did speak. Take care my friend.
I'm at a point in my life where I see the lack of civility, empathy, sportsmanship, humility and just basic kindness more apparent than ever. And it bothers me.
But we live in an "in-your-face" society, which has been helped along by the media and politicians who preach divisiveness among us.....and we are buying into it. We are demonizing those who are different from us.
As for Woody, he is a good member of this board. But I thought his earlier post on Haskins was over the top.

I'm at a point in my life where I see the lack of civility, empathy, sportsmanship, humility and just basic kindness more apparent than ever. And it bothers me.
But we live in an "in-your-face" society, which has been helped along by the media and politicians who preach divisiveness among us.....and we are buying into it. We are demonizing those who are different from us.
As for Woody, he is a good member of this board. But I thought his earlier post on Haskins was over the top.
I agree with you 99.9 % my man. My post was my post and I stand by it whether it hurts folks feelings or not. 👍

Reactions: loopafied68
ADVERTISEMENT