ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game

OK guys and gals. I will be at O'Connell's about noon until 1:30 or so. I will be wearing a crimson shirt with white interlocking OU patterns. I will have either white or crimson ball cap. Let's catch up! I hope to see many of you there.

I think we're swinging by if it's not crazy there. I'll have a Sooner schooner ball cap on and have the loudest people in the bar with me.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I’ll be the guy in the stadium wearing the OU cap, you can’t miss me, give me a shout out when you walk by

Sooner !
I have heard from others that the statue is underwhelming in resemblance to Baker. Is that accurate or do I need to get my eyes checked ?
Opinions ?

Reactions: Belldozer1
I guess it’s a “must see in person” work of art. I will visit the park when it’s in place with all the rest of the gang and enjoy

Sorry guys for the screw up at O'Connell's. The games was good. First impression? The hurry up offense was quick and alert. Both offenses were fresh. I was more impressed with both defenses in the basics. Tackles were wrap ups. Kanak and Downs are special talents on D. Mims and Wease are special on O. Venables has adopted a WWE persona at mid field. Mayfield's statue was not validated. It's bad. Looks more like Warren Beaty in last 5 minutes of Bonnie & Clyde.

Sorry guys for the screw up at O'Connell's. The games was good. First impression? The hurry up offense was quick and alert. Both offenses were fresh. I was more impressed with both defenses in the basics. Tackles were wrap ups. Kanak and Downs are special talents on D. Mims and Wease are special on O. Venables has adopted a WWE persona at mid field. Mayfield's statue was not validated. It's bad. Looks more like Warren Beaty in last 5 minutes of Bonnie & Clyde.
Sorry I missed you. The last ticket count we had on Thursday was 55,000. We staffed for a regular game but didn't have docs or nurses in the clinic and we certainly didn't expect 75,000+. OUAD and concessions were blown away. I got stuck doing patient care in the clinic for most of the game. We were steady but not overwhelmed. The sun not coming out saved our asses.

I got there a little late....around 2:30 and had to stand in line for almost an hour! Missed the whole first quarter which sucked. I never dreamed the lines would be so long. Usually you just basically walk on in at these spring games. It was packed

(Just a ‘like’ for the last sentence Bomber). Sorry you missed Q1. I am enjoying the experience on YouTube already.
The frosh RB & Gray have impressed me already in the first three series plus the attacking Defense will be refreshing after being a missing factor for too many seasons.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Gibson will be a real star. That speed and stride to the end zone impressive. Mims never skips a beat...get the ball to him as much as possible. Barnes reminds me a bunch of DeMarco Murray and seems to be on his way to big things. Loved everything I saw with the new offense. Downs and Stripling great games.

(Just a ‘like’ for the last sentence Bomber). Sorry you missed Q1. I am enjoying the experience on YouTube already.
The frosh RB & Gray have impressed me already in the first three series plus the attacking Defense will be refreshing after being a missing factor for too many seasons.
this was streamed on youtube?

ADVERTISEMENT