ADVERTISEMENT

Spring game tomorrow!

RogueSooner3

Walk-on candidate
Silver Member
Jun 23, 2023
IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN OKLAHOMA!
Idk about you guys, but I'm stoked to see all the new acquisitions and to see how far we have developed young talent! As it stands right now, we should have a decent first season in the SEC. I think if we can pull off Hickman/Faaiu, a decent OT (yet to be determined who), and get 1-2 of the DT's in the portal (Williams, Toia, Lole, or maybe Barrow if we strike out on the first three), my expectations could be a little higher. Some things I'll be watching:
  1. The OL in it's entirety. Including the projected 2nd and 3rd team OL. Really bummed Akinkunmi and Hatchett won't be able to play.
  2. Can Josh Bates improve on the snap issues that were reported earlier in spring practice?
  3. The entire TE room. Sharp looks pretty good and I still haven't given up on Helms. We all know Mitchell is going to be a DUDE but I'm sure he still has some learning to do before he plays a super significant role.
  4. Jayden Gibson. 6'5 with 4.4-4.5 speed? YES PLEASE! Deion Burks with his explosiveness and deep threat potential? YES PLEASE!
  5. With injuries at receiver we should hopefully see more Pettaway (unless he's injured too) I have high hopes for this kid.
  6. We all know JFA has one of the highest ceilings on the team. I'm not worried about him but still want to see how much he's developed. Hawkins playing so well this spring bodes well for JFA in my opinion. Iron sharpens iron!
  7. Dasan at LB. He's great in obvious rushing situations but how much has he improved in coverage?
  8. Jackson and Stone...Obviously lol
  9. Excited to see Dez Malone play. Woody is pretty consistent as is and we all know Gentry is a baller when he's healthy, but how will Dez fit into the mix?
  10. Most of the playsheets should be pretty bare compared to what they will by seasons start but how will Alley and Littrell call the game?
  11. MAXIMUM 1-2 jet sweeps...Absolutely no more than that lol
Hopefully the weather doesn't cause too many issues. I for one, am less concerned about this team than I was going into spring but still have to see what plays out tomorrow before I get unrealistically hopeful😂

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News