ADVERTISEMENT

Spring Game Question ...

Here's the YouTube link to the spring game in case any need it.

SO .... What was the attendance? Was it a good crowd?
It was a crowd. It was cold. The crowd never got warmed up despite Trace Adkins panty dropping antics.

Really, biggest crowd I've ever seen for the spring game. Weather and not knowing what to expect kept everyone docile. I'll forecast 60K plus next year.

Got to see the replay last night and the two things that were most noticeable to me were:

1. The QB battle is going to be intense and Riley may not make a decision until the week leading up to Opening Day. Austin and Murray looked incredibly athletic and poised in the pocket, pulling it down and running when needed. Austin had the better day throwing the ball, which was tough in the weather conditions. But this appears to be one of the tighter QB battles at OU in recent years.

2. D-line is going to be stout this year and with the addition of the DT from Notre Dame, we'll have lots of depth and good players to rotate in during the game. With the new, young LBs getting more playing time, we'll need a strong D-line to occupy the O-line and let our LBs free to roam and make tackles.

3. Love the new, bolder, block-shaped OU logo on the helmets. I hope this is the new look and I'll miss the more vertical OU logo, the bigger, block logo really stands out and looks good!

Thanks for sharing the YouTube video CalSooner!

1. The QB battle is going to be intense and Riley may not make a decision until the week leading up to Opening Day. Austin and Murray looked incredibly athletic and poised in the pocket, pulling it down and running when needed. Austin had the better day throwing the ball, which was tough in the weather conditions. But this appears to be one of the tighter QB battles at OU in recent years.
And last I heard, isn't Murray gonna spend the summer playing baseball? That could be the difference maker in the end. Austin spending the summer working out with the offense and especially his WRs could give him a pretty stout edge I would think.

And last I heard, isn't Murray gonna spend the summer playing baseball? That could be the difference maker in the end. Austin spending the summer working out with the offense and especially his WRs could give him a pretty stout edge I would think.

Good point BillyRay. The Big 12 Baseball Tourney is in late May and the Regionals, Super Regionals and CWS goes until the end of June. That is a lot of time that will be hard for Murray to make up.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT