ADVERTISEMENT

Sooners run rule Kansas 16-7

The Sooners got a run on a fielder's choice, followed by a two run homer by Fale Aviu in T1, and Lopez got the Jayhawks out after allowing a walk and a hit with no outs, and OU leads KU 3-0 after 1.

Gasso did some lineup rearrangement. Dalton is leading off, and Knighten is batting third, Aviu fifth.

Worked pretty well in the first.

Reactions: iasooner1
It's really windy, and Lopez is dealing with poor control. OU went in order in the second. Lopez has been behind every hitter in the second. A run is in and the bases are loaded with one ou///////////////////

Two RBI single and it's 3-3, still one out and two on for Kansas. Lopez is struggling.

Wow it looks like ku is hanging tough...

You have no idea. OU took Lopez out and Parker got a 6-3 double play to end the inning.

OU had Dalton lead off the third with a double, and she came around to score, but KU got a lead homer in B3 to tie it at four. Then an HBP and a sac bunt, and they have a runner at second and one out, still batting.

The homer was a pop fly to left that got caught up in the wind blowing out hard that way, and went out. Just remember, in the last two years, the only conference team to beat OU was Kansas. Then Mendes just lost a routine pop to short right, and now it's first and third, still one out.

The flags are stiff and blowing out to left. A guess would be about 40 MPH.

//////////////////////////

Parker got a 3-2 strike out and a soft liner to third to end it. Still 4-4 after 3.

Last edited:
Good T4 so far. Macey Hatfield got a one out single with two on, to drive in Mendes, then Dalton hit a three run homer. 8-4. Dalton is a triple away from the cycle.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Sooners have three homers in the fourth. Still batting, bases loaded two out 11-4.

Last edited:
Third Jayhawk pitcher of the fourth. Lundberg pinch hit grand slaw. 15-4 still in the fourth.

//////////////////// Inning over. Sooners score 11 in the fourth and lead 15-4.

Clifton led of the fifth with a solo homer, giving the Sooners a slight cushion on the run rule, and Lowary came in to pitch the fifth and got the Jayhawks in order, to end it in five.

When the bottom of the order contributes, now that Dalton has found her stroke, this is a hard lineup to pitch to.

I used to hate playing baseball or softball in heavy wind, and I don' think it got under 30 today. Both teams had some funny looking defense, and the ball was flying. EIght home runs combineds, six by OU including four in the 11 run fourth. Don't think Lowary gets a save, but Parker gets a win and OU needs a win tomorrow to go to 9-0 in the conference. A good day for softball..

Good T4 so far. Macey Hatfield got a one out single with two on, to drive in Mendes, then Dalton hit a three run homer. 8-4. Dalton is a triple away from the cycle.
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Sooners have three homers in the fourth. Still batting, bases loaded two out 11-4.

Knighten even with the wind hit a Babe Ruth monster HR
Dalton is hitting great,

Right. Against below average pitching.

Especially considering the conditions, it was the fairest strike zone I've seen this year. She help the pitchers. But it looked like the wind took every rise ball about two feet up out of the strike zone.

Lopez' rise was seldom close.

plaino, I went to soonersports.com and clicked video and watched the run-rule game on Kansas All-Access.

Sunday I clicked on radio stream at soonersports.com and listened to part of OU's 6-0 win. The play by play guy mentioned LHN guys in the booth. I turned on the Longhorn Network and watched the rest of the game. It seems we're getting pretty good free coverage for OU softball.

When I went to the OU site earlier in the week, they showed no tv coverage. Went to the KU site, same thing. But yesterday, after the game was over, I was a video icon to click for the game that was already over. You could apparently only watch it live, and I was working and didn't get home until almost 8:00.

Everything on LHN is free. Most of what I've seen this year, you could find most schools had a home network, but you had to pay for it, just like OU's site requires ten bucks a monty to watch the local stuff that's not on ESPN or FSN. But on the OU site, that gets you all the sports in any month, not on a network. So you can watch baseball too, but only home games.

The difference today, and yesterday apparently, as you pointed out, was that there was no charge to watch the game on the KU network. Tomorrow's game is supposed to be on FSN It shows up on FSN and FSN plus which on my Frontier hookup is 76, 77 and HD channels 576 and 577. They've showed this before, and then only broadcast on one, which I typically was taping the other, so tomorrow, I'll start of taping both. I hope Fox is sending their own voice talent, because the kid doing the game for the KU network was more than a little uninformed. But I loved having something to watch.

The OU women's gymnastics will also be in the Super Six, which is the national title round, so it will be a big day for OU athletics. Hopefully baseball can salvage one in Ann Arbor, They got smoked today. I get the impression, having not watched any of it, that OU's pitchers have been getting their strike zone squeezed a bit in the first two games of the series.

Anyhow, their national ranking is going to be taking a hit next time the rankings come out.

The gymnastics finals start at 8 p.m. on ESPNU Saturday. I can't find any tv listing for the men's baseball game. Both schools have radio. And there is a Michigan game tracker than can be accessed from Soonersports.com.

I watched OU complete the sweep of Kansas today on Spectrum Fox Sports SW Plus ch 319 live in Waco. The game also aired on Fox Sports SW ch 26. I chose Plus for a cleaner picture. Plus had no Fox logo upper right corner.

Unlike Frontier, Spectrum uses but one channel number for both SD and HD.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT