ADVERTISEMENT

Sooners Playoff Path

Does anyone actually think this team is a NC caliber team? Offense is pretty strong but the D has a LONG way to go.

Does anyone actually think this team is a NC caliber team? Offense is pretty strong but the D has a LONG way to go.
Until OU starts playing championship caliber defense, I don't give much thought to whether or not it makes the playoffs.
Finishing the rest of the season strong is one thing. OU beating Clemson or Alabama is a pipe dream these days with the absence of a good defense.

This defense is so bad, they are out of position half the game and have terrible coaching. The new DC needs to clean house

I don’t know about out of position they’re just playing off too much in fear of getting beat deep. That’s about it. We haven’t had any throws deep over the top this year at all which is good but that allows for short throws inside zone coverage which is bad.

Until OU starts playing championship caliber defense, I don't give much thought to whether or not it makes the playoffs.
Finishing the rest of the season strong is one thing. OU beating Clemson or Alabama is a pipe dream these days with the absence of a good defense.

We can beat Clemson given one game. Bama I don’t think so.

Need an every down pass rush or no Big12 CC let alone playoff

Tough games r ahead against improving teams

If tOSU beats UM: "On one hand, Oklahoma probably would have the better loss in Texas vs Purdue. Meanwhile, Ohio State would have the better win in Michigan vs West Virginia. Let the debate begin?"

No other 1 loss power 5 team is going after tOSU - their loss to Purdue was that bad.

Either ND or UM has to lose. Period.

Reactions: iasooner1
In years past, I hated all the slobbering over 'Bama and the "unbeatable" hyperbole. Their defense was always vulnerable to our offense (we've proven over and over that our Offense can score on SEC defenses in the post-season), and their offense was 1-dimension; stop their run and force their average QBs to beat you.

This year is different with Tua. We could hang with them, if we were flawless -- no mistakes and playing up to (more likely over) our potential on D. That's nearly impossible for any team -- to be flawless.

Any given Sunday, I know. But where in the past we had maybe 40/60 odds, this year would be more like 5/95. And the likelihood that it could turn real ugly for us, real fast...not sure this is the year we want to put ourselves in the spotlight like that.

If we can make it and be in the 2 vs 3 game, I like our chances to win a game. Just don't want to be the sacrificial lamb that gets seeded 4 to face 'Bama.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT