ADVERTISEMENT

Sooners Fall to JMU

Soonerborn59

Sooner starter
Aug 16, 2009
Sometimes being the number 1 seed just doesnt go the way you expect. Give credit to a very good JMU team who showed a lot of grit.

The road now though for OU to get to the WCWS title game has now become tougher than before.

if any team can do it it will be this team. Just have to take it one game at a time starting with UGA on Saturday then the Bama -UCLA loser from the opposite winners bracket.

A friend said yesterday--"Another overhyped OU team loses when it matters most"---sadly I couldn't say a whole lot.
I've read posts about choking, and lots of blaming. It was mostly about JMU having a great pitcher and OU having a really bad break in T3. The lead off was out, called safe. We botched the bunt defense, and then the #2 hitter hit it out.

We were playing her really shallow, or Coleman might have caught it. When it went extra innings, l thought we were in trouble. We were. JMU will go as far as Odicci takes them. It might be pretty far.

OU faced great pitchers on consecutive weeks. Both played on severely underseeded teams. The hill is now very steep.

I agree this team can win out but its never easy coming out of the losers bracket. As for Frou’s friend evidently he doesn’t realize this softball team or any Gasso team isn’t even in the same mold as our football big game problems.

Considering OU has 4 NC in softball with 16-17 being the most recent ones. If he is an SEC fan the best way to strike back is that OU has more NC in softball than the entire SEC does.

Yes OU lost, it happens but it was far from a choke as they just got beat. Now if they lose to UGA and get ousted .......

For the record if they beat UGA then either UCLA or Bama is next. Many experts had them 2 and OU as the 3 favorites to win it all. Sadly instead of a 3 game series it would be a winner advance and loser goes home.

For the record if they beat UGA then either UCLA or Bama is next. Many experts had them 2 and OU as the 3 favorites to win it all. Sadly instead of a 3 game series it would be a winner advance and loser goes home.
Personally, I feel that Alexander of JMU is one superb athlete after watching her take care of the Sooners yesterday and the Cowgirls this afternoon.

Their pitcher cannot be allowed to last tonight; OUr depth will need to make a statement. No errors, solid game on both sides.
We need to have the title of this thread corrected by tomorrow.
For the love of Pete PLEASE don’t have Beth yammering whenever we play

Last edited:
Reactions: LikeClicker3000
Waaah Beth no $ec$ec

I didn’t see any errors from our ladies today. JG was in her zone after the 3rd. Hopefully some of our depth will carry the load tomorrow

Last edited:
Reactions: LikeClicker3000
ADVERTISEMENT