ADVERTISEMENT

Sooners beat Texas 7-2. Head to WCWS semifinal in the winners bracket.

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
No details were given about how much, and having missed three straight weekends, it would seem hard to be sharp, but Patty spoke in the presser the night before the WCWS. So we will have three reliable pitchers for the next two weeks. Hopefully.

She looked a little rusty yesterday and the wrapping on her arm looked like it was hitting her thigh, when pitching.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
She looked a little rusty yesterday and the wrapping on her arm looked like it was hitting her thigh, when pitching.

I’m trying to figure out what injury she has that requires a wrap like she had on her arm. Muscle pull or bone issue? I think she pitched very good considering the pressure she had to feel coming into game when she did. And her teammates rallied around her. I loved it.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I’m trying to figure out what injury she has that requires a wrap like she had on her arm. Muscle pull or bone issue? I think she pitched very good considering the pressure she had to feel coming into game when she did. And her teammates rallied around her. I loved it.
Has to be a strained elbow. Which needs some time. Time. 👍

If Jordy is 100%, I see no problem advancing to the next round. Jenning and Alo are 0/13 against their pitcher. Hopefully, that changes, and they are dialed in and it's a run-rule victory. BOOMER

OU Texas is fixing to blast off. Can't wait to see who will be pitching for Oklahoma? Their all great pictures. Wronghorns are going to be run ruled today😁 SOONER!

This is a better Texas team than we faced in the three game series. The are playing solid defense, and their top four hitters are hot at the plate. And one of their other girls is suddenly hot hitting down in the order. We'll have our hands full. Dolcini only allowed us five hits in 14 innings in the 3 game series. I'll be very surprised if this is a run rule. Elated, but surprised.

Time to get nervous. One out. 13 pitch at bat base hit. Then a 3-2 count line drive base hit. Texas has had a lot of comeback wins this season. Brito misplayed the first hit, line drive over her head. Now two outs.

Inning over. 6-1 Sooners heading to T7. Top of the order for OU.

Solo homer for Texas but OU win's 7-2. Troutwein pitched a terrific game with a tight strike zone, especially the lower half. She threw exactly 105 pitches, which is the perfect 15 per inning.

Texas and OSU are no slouches...I expect to see one or both on the way to the potential title. Nice to see the Big 12 with 50% of the teams that remain.

We definitely have the tougher half. Texas is good, but they can't throw Dolcini out there three times in the next two days. UCLA is the best team in the losers bracket I think. I don't know that Florida can beat them playing on consecutive days when the Bruins have had a day off. We're in great position but so is OSU. And they have an easier path to get to the finals.

ADVERTISEMENT