ADVERTISEMENT

Sooners add a DB commitment

Don't let those stars fool you. Look at his offer list: Georgia, LSU, Florida, FSU, TAMU, etc.. He's a great get. Thanks for posting Plaino

Reactions: iasooner1
Texas Football has him listed as a WR/DB at 5'10" 175 lbs with 4.4 speed.
His highlight film has him on offense except for one play in a scrimmage.
He appears to be a nice addition. His 3-star rating doesn't concern me if OU wanted him.

That 10 flat 100 meters he supposedly ran in a track meet in ROYCE CITY is either a typo or a hand held time. I believe 10.58 and 4.39 forty time but a 10 flat out 100 meters is highly doubtful.

That 10 flat 100 meters he supposedly ran in a track meet in ROYCE CITY is either a typo or a hand held time. I believe 10.58 and 4.39 forty time but a 10 flat out 100 meters is highly doubtful.

Hard to say really. But there must be plenty of speed. For a 3 star recruit to have the list of offers he has is real good. They are deep and from some of the top football factories in CFB. Somebody knows some things about this kid. We'll see how it all plays out. Welcome aboard.

I didn't remember that Mike had passed. First time I saw him was in a JV game against Plano's JV. Greenville was up 48-7 not yet in the 4th quarter. I went home early. He was pretty good.

Hope he's as good as our last recruit out of Greenville, Mike Thomas.
I'm pretty sure Mike Thomas wasn't OUr last recruit from Greenville. I'm going to do a little more research. Greenville used to have a pretty good football program.

In the late 70's, there was a defensive lineman from Greenville. Richard Murray?

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Post edit:
There was one more big guy from Greenville after Murray, in the early 80s, Elbert Graham. He was a senior OT in 1982.

Last edited:
I didn't remember that Mike had passed. First time I saw him was in a JV game against Plano's JV. Greenville was up 48-7 not yet in the 4th quarter. I went home early. He was pretty good.
Mike died in August last year after a long battle with cancer. I met Mike in 1977 while he was still playing for Washington. We stayed in contact and after his NFL days we became very close friends. We attended many OU games over the years. Switzer told Mike that cutting his scholly when he took over from Fairbanks was one of the biggest mistakes he ever made. Mike stayed in contact with Port Robertson and Rod Shoate though his life. I got to know his brothers, Jimmy (49ers) and Earl (Bears, Cards & Oilers). pretty well and attended many sporting events in Houston with the Thomas brothers. Earl died two weeks ago in Houston.

ADVERTISEMENT