ADVERTISEMENT

Sooner women dominate to win the gymnastics national championship

After two events, Sooner have a solid lead and in their two best events, have performed brilliantly. Their bar score was the best in NCAA history. They actually have nearly a half point lead over Florida who is in second place.

Maggie Nichols got a 10 on beam, and Chase Capps and Natalie Brown both had 9.950 on beam. LSU is just a little behind

OU's score in beam was also a national championship event record. They had some problems in the semi's on floor, which is a great event for Florida and LSU, but LSU has also done their best two events, and they are in third.

If the ladies keep it together, they will be national champs.

Reactions: iasooner1
OU scored 198.3875, which is the highest team score in the history of the finals. They also set the mark for highest scores ever in the finals in two events. While every other team faultered, under the pressure, the Sooners overcame a lackluster score in the semifinal and were brilliant.

The beat LSU by .650 which is a huge differential between first and second.

As it turned OU, LSU broke the record on Beam, that OU had set earlier in the evening. They needed that to edge Florida for second UCLA ended up fourth. Utah 5th and Bama, sixth.

OU scored 198.3875, which is the highest team score in the history of the finals. They also set the mark for highest scores ever in the finals in two events. While every other team faultered, under the pressure, the Sooners overcame a lackluster score in the semifinal and were brilliant.

The beat LSU by .650 which is a huge differential between first and second.

As it turned OU, LSU broke the record on Beam, that OU had set earlier in the evening. They needed that to edge Florida for second UCLA ended up fourth. Utah 5th and Bama, sixth.

It was my first Gymnastic finals I have ever watched. OU was spectacular.
Their athleticism was fantastic. Every OU National Championship gives us great pride to be Sooners.

Watching the championship it became clear to me the it was the Sooner "women" vs the other teams' "girls." Our ladies reminded me of those great Russian gymnasts back in the day. The SEC girls all looked like clones of Mary Lou Retton while our ladies were taller and just seemingly more mature.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT