ADVERTISEMENT

Some B12 and College Picks

Soonerborn59

Sooner starter
Aug 16, 2009
Call this an off the wall picks or whatever one would term it. I always enjoy seeing what other folks are thinking about the upcoming college football season that just can't seem to get here soon enough.

Big 12 Thoughts

As wild as this may sound after looking at the schedule I can see the following 4 teams sitting at 8-0.

Baylor- ( @SMU, Lamar, Rice, Texas Tech, @ Kansas , West Va, Iowa State, @ Kansas State )
Oklahoma - ( Akron, @ Tennessee, Tulsa, West Va, Texas, @ KSU, Texas Tech, @Kansas, Iowa State )
Oklahoma State ( @ C Mich, UCA, UTSA, @ Texas, KSU, @ West Va, Kansas, @ TT )
TCU - ( @ Minn, SFA, SMU, @ TT, Texas, @KSU, @ISU, WVA )

* If this pans out like I think the final 4 weeks of the season we will see one great match-up after another and I think the B12 Title will be up for grabs.

Texas will beat ND in the opener and in fact will start 3-0 before they start losing to the above 4 teams.

Kansas will finish ahead of both ISU and Texas Tech in the B12 this season.

Across College Football

Ohio State will go into their final 2 games undefeated only to lose to both Michigan State and then get upset by Michigan.

Alabama will lose at least 2 games and possibly 3. They will lose to Wisconsin in the opener.

Georgia will represent the SEC in the playoffs this season with an undefeated mark.

Michigan will upset Utah to start the season and be 6-0 going into the MSU game. They lose a tight one.

Michigan State wins the B10 and makes the playoffs.

The PAC 12 Champion gets left out of the playoffs as their champion has at least 2 losses in conference play.

Clemson wins the ACC and makes the CFP and runs the table.

Notre Dame stumbles to an 8-4 season.

Boise runs the table but as expected finishes no higher than 7th in the committee's poll.

Penn State starts 5-0 before falling to Ohio State

Nebraska starts 5-0 before falling to Wisconsin. If they beat Wisconsin only MSU could possibly stand in the way of an unblemished season.

Missouri starts 6-0 but loses 4 of last 5.

Tennessee will finish 2nd in the SEC East and upsets Alabama along the way.

Arkansas continues to improve under Coach B and makes a run at 10-2 and 6-2 in SEC play.

Auburn doesn't live up the pre-season hype and loses 4 games and maybe 5.

LSU wins the SEC West but falls to UGA in SECCG.

Michigan State, Georgia, Clemson and TCU are the Playoff 4.

TCU defeats Michigan State in the 2015-16 National Championship Game.

Last edited:
It's a BIG IF for the Sooners to start 8-0. Regardless, winning all of the home games (including against TCU) is a MUST for Bob Stoops. Lose that game and your looking at another 4-5 loss season which just could put the proverbial nail in the coffin for Bob at OU.

Prediction, can see OU losing the Tennessee game but both OU (win all of your home games!) and Texas will be better in 2015 and will have a huge impact on who ends up the champion. TCU may end up the big xii champ but won't make the playoffs because they will not be undefeated. Matching lose records won't cut it because the other big 5 conference championship winners will equal or top your win records.

Right now, I'm feeling pretty confident about the season (can't say why, just a gut feeling). I'm thinking OU might be better than their #20 preseason ranking and that they could go 10-2 this season. I think they will roll Tennessee in Knoxville, beats texas by at least 14 points, gets some revenge vs. OSU in The Stool, but loses to eventual Big 12 Champ TCU (who goes undefeated) and loses to either Baylor or KSU (both road games). n the B1G, tOSU goes undefeated, the ACC champ has one loss and the SEC and Pac-16 Champs have at least one loss, if not more. I'm thinking that TCU makes the FInal Four this year along with tOSU, Bama and FSU.

Pryor,

I agree that OU getting to 8-0 won't be easy and the Tennessee game is the one stumbling block that could happen along the way. I actually think though somehow OU pulls it off at Knoxville. If they lose that game then I think this team could very well end up losing 4 games this season.

I have to admit my faith in the defense at this point isn't very good and that view won't change until the season starts and I see how it looks against the better teams. I think that Tennessee game will be a great gauge of where it is at because that won't be the same team OU played a year ago.

With that being said I still think OU even if they lose to UT they should beat all the other teams over that first 8 game stretch. The Baylor, OSU and TCU games though will end up defining the season for our Sooners.

Call this an off the wall picks or whatever one would term it. I always enjoy seeing what other folks are thinking about the upcoming college football season that just can't seem to get here soon enough.

Big 12 Thoughts

As wild as this may sound after looking at the schedule I can see the following 4 teams sitting at 8-0.

Baylor- ( @SMU, Lamar, Rice, Texas Tech, @ Kansas , West Va, Iowa State, @ Kansas State )
Oklahoma - ( Akron, @ Tennessee, Tulsa, West Va, Texas, @ KSU, Texas Tech, @Kansas, Iowa State )
Oklahoma State ( @ C Mich, UCA, UTSA, @ Texas, KSU, @ West Va, Kansas, @ TT )
TCU - ( @ Minn, SFA, SMU, @ TT, Texas, @KSU, @ISU, WVA )

* If this pans out like I think the final 4 weeks of the season we will see one great match-up after another and I think the B12 Title will be up for grabs.

Texas will beat ND in the opener and in fact will start 3-0 before they start losing to the above 4 teams.

Kansas will finish ahead of both ISU and Texas Tech in the B12 this season.

Across College Football

Ohio State will go into their final 2 games undefeated only to lose to both Michigan State and then get upset by Michigan.

Alabama will lose at least 2 games and possibly 3. They will lose to Wisconsin in the opener.

Georgia will represent the SEC in the playoffs this season with an undefeated mark.

Michigan will upset Utah to start the season and be 6-0 going into the MSU game. They lose a tight one.

Michigan State wins the B10 and makes the playoffs.

The PAC 12 Champion gets left out of the playoffs as their champion has at least 2 losses in conference play.

Clemson wins the ACC and makes the CFP and runs the table.

Notre Dame stumbles to an 8-4 season.

Boise runs the table but as expected finishes no higher than 7th in the committee's poll.

Penn State starts 5-0 before falling to Ohio State

Nebraska starts 5-0 before falling to Wisconsin. If they beat Wisconsin only MSU could possibly stand in the way of an unblemished season.

Missouri starts 6-0 but loses 4 of last 5.

Tennessee will finish 2nd in the SEC East and upsets Alabama along the way.

Arkansas continues to improve under Coach B and makes a run at 10-2 and 6-2 in SEC play.

Auburn doesn't live up the pre-season hype and loses 4 games and maybe 5.

LSU wins the SEC West but falls to UGA in SECCG.

Michigan State, Georgia, Clemson and TCU are the Playoff 4.

TCU defeats Michigan State in the 2015-16 National Championship Game.
How drunk did you have to get to pick Texas to beat the Irish? Texas has no chance up there in fact I will give anybody 13 points! It's going to be a dominant ass kicking by ND.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
How drunk did you have to get to pick Texas to beat the Irish? Texas has no chance up there in fact I will give anybody 13 points! It's going to be a dominant ass kicking by ND.

Do you follow CFB? If you do then your would know that anybody can beat anyone. Everyone has a chance and in opening games you never know. Did you ever think BYU would beat OU a few years ago in the opener? BTW I don't drink so the chances of me getting drunk ever are very slim.

Just to add - how many people across the CFB landscape picked our team to beat Alabama in the Sugar Bowl? Not many I guarantee you that nor did anyone think Va Tech would beat Ohio State last year. I could give you many examples but maybe your hatred of Texas blinds you to the fact that CFB is very capable of seeing upsets every single week. I don' t like Texas but I can put that aside when I go through schedules and see where possible upsets can occur.

Do you follow CFB? If you do then your would know that anybody can beat anyone. Everyone has a chance and in opening games you never know. Did you ever think BYU would beat OU a few years ago in the opener? BTW I don't drink so the chances of me getting drunk ever are very slim.
I will guarantee you Texas will get blown out.... Terrible qb and they have so many holes on D. If the game was later in the year I would give them a better chance. The Irish are loaded this year too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT