ADVERTISEMENT

Soft Tissue Injuries - why the evasiveness?

NTheWater

Walk-on candidate
Gold Member
May 2, 2023
Melbourne, Florida
Let me preface this thread with this. From my perspective, this is meant to be a general question and honest discussion. What it is NOT is me asking what is up with any OU player.

The OUInsider podcast got me thinking about this today. Honestly - really have not paid much attention to specifics on injuries beyond... Is "x" player back. if not... Then they are not. And Parker did make a fair comment that it is "non of my business" what is specifically wrong with X player. Yep. Called HIAPPA. And if the player did not tell you themselves guys... that is a HIAPPA violation as well :)

With that said - the term "Soft Tissue" injury seems new to me as it relates to coaches reporting injuries. Usually more specific. High Ankle Sprain as an example.

A quick Google returns: Soft Tissue Injury = A soft tissue injury is: damage to the muscles, ligaments, or tendons, which are the soft tissues that connect bones and muscles. Soft tissue injuries can be caused by a number of activities, including: Sprains, Contusions (bruises), Overuse, and Concussions

Why is BV using this term? I have and continue to assume he is just being evasive with our opponents. But SEC availability kind of takes the edge off that benefit I would think. So starting to wonder if there is not more to it. Based on the Google definition, I would assume a "soft tissue injury" would NOT NORMALLY be a season ending injury. But seems to be that potential for one or two of our players.

Again - Mainly curious what others think. I actually enjoyed the discussion during the podcast today and it got met thinking. Wanted to continue to discussion.

So... What's up with Burks :) Just joking :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.