ADVERTISEMENT

So who thought OU and UT would jump to SEC

HeartBreakKidSooner

Sooner starter
Aug 9, 2002
the 11am game times may be straw that broke Camels back for OU but keep in mind reports say the early talks with TV partners be it Fox Sports and/or Bally Sports-Sinclair (Former Fox Sports Regionals) have not gone well.

OU has no choice but to get out at this point or they will cost themselves hundreds of millions of dollars.

I would love to know who approached who. Did Texas reach out to Oklahoma, or did OU reach out to Texas? "Hey, you know if we both went to,,the SEC and left the B12,,,it could really be a big move,,,,and good for both of us"

Who said it first??..:)

Seems kind of unlikely. Someone mentioned that with a 12 team play-off the Big XII is almost guaranteed a spot, even if the champion has a loss or two.

What's our motivation for moving? Money? Better recruiting?

Reactions: LikeClicker3000
I've been wanting them to move to the SEC selfishly because I love in Georgia we'll just have to wait and see what happens some are suspecting that the networks not wanting to negotiate a new TV deal before it expires in 2025 not to mention the 11 am kickoffs especially this years Nebraska game. It'll come down to money it'll definitely help recruiting seems like current recruits like the idea.

I hope our state legislature stays the hell out of the way. OState can make their own way. We should not let them ride our coat tails like was proposed the last time this discussion came up.

Seems kind of unlikely. Someone mentioned that with a 12 team play-off the Big XII is almost guaranteed a spot, even if the champion has a loss or two.

What's our motivation for moving? Money? Better recruiting?
I would add more exciting games as well. I mean there will be several instances of Playoff previews. Of course, that can cut both ways, but for the fans it should be fun.

I have three lingering effects. My balance is just a little off. My tongue was slightly affected. At first it was just about my speech but as time goes on it's ironic. When I first went to the hospital, they were so concerned about my tongue blocking my throat, that their concern about my choking caused them to ban me from eating for 24 hours. I had no problems then, though still not. But I cough daily from minor irritations at the back of my throat. Often, a lot. Nothing health threatening, just very annoying.

And I tire way too easily. I get some exercise, but have some limitations. I turn 70 in a couple of weeks. I've always felt and looked younger than I am. Not so much any more. I just feel older.

I'm functional. My fear is, that it is the best I will ever be.

You’re not alone brother and I’m only 65 and a new first time Grandpa moving slowly.
My job is making sure I have the time to school the little guy in the era of the King and the Big 8

Last edited:
I sure hope we keep the RRR in place if we do move though. Nothing like beating the longhorns man.
I'm looking forward to unbiased referees in the RRS. Traditionally, we get absolutely hosed in that game. No matter how good or bad SEC refs are, they have to be better than the corrupt Texas clowns we've always gotten in the Cotton Bowl.

I don't know, lil piggie fans say they get robbed by the SEC Refs quite often.
I know every game is watched by the head of the SEC officials and I'm sure a few others at SEC headquarters in Birmingham then each official is graded now I know calls will be missed just like most people know holding happens on every play. I'd rather see a game decided by the play on the field instead of by the referees. The SEC seems to call less ticky tack pass interference penalties now if it's blatant then they call it.

I would love to know who approached who. Did Texas reach out to Oklahoma, or did OU reach out to Texas? "Hey, you know if we both went to,,the SEC and left the B12,,,it could really be a big move,,,,and good for both of us"

Who said it first??..:)
I’m pretty sure it wasn’t Ole Miss, Miss State, Vandy, Arkansas, Missouri, SC, Tennessee or A&M’s idea. 😂

ADVERTISEMENT