ADVERTISEMENT

So in light of the new team’s progress to

My first rock concert: Winter 75, Tul Fairgrounds “Pavilion”. Thin Lizzy, Bob Seger opened for these guys and that album
looked it up. BTO and Thin Lizzy plus Bob Seger must've been a great show! Whole bunch of hits to hear in person from all 3 bands. my fav was Stones following ZZtop, Fab Thunderbirds at the Cotton Bowl Nov 1 1981. Mick tore off a sweater to reveal a Tony Dorsett #33 jersey to the great cheer of the dallas crowd.

Well done Sir ! I presume Gary Lewis & Playboys was the ‘headliner’ but the Yardies would have been epic. One of my grade school pals saw Hendrix open for the Monkees there with his big sister about this same period

Last edited:
Well done Sir ! I presume Gary Lewis & Playboys was the ‘headliner’ but the Yardies would have been epic. One of my grade school pals saw Hendrix open for the Monkees there with his big sister about this same period
had heard about the monkees/hendrix concert combo some years back but couldn't (and still can't) process that playbill. i remember watching monkees re-runs in the 70's and seeing Woodstock/Monterrey documentaries on jimi so you may be able to understand my befuddled mental state at the joining of those two wildly different approaches to pop/rock music? like devo opening for air supply

Reactions: iasooner1
No opening act. Yardbirds for about 2.5 hours with one break. It was a great show. I think the best concert I have ever attended was Chicago in Tulsa in 1970. Musically flawless performance. Santana in Vegas in June 1969 (pre-Woodstock) was a close 2nd. With the improvements in today's music technology (sound and lights) I'm sure these old concerts would be considered sub-standard today. I lost my erection for live concerts many moons ago.

Last edited:
My favorite baseball joke:

Guy takes his girlfriend, who has never been to one, to a baseball game.
Home team gets up to bat and gets a hit and he stands and yells "Run Mother F&*@er, Run!"
Not knowing what to do, she stands up and yells "Run Mother F&*@er, Run!"
The visiting team gets up to bat and he stands and yells "Fan the Mother F&*@er"
Not knowing what to do, she stands up and yells "Fan the Mother F&*@er"
By the 7th inning, she knows just when to stand and yell.
The home team is back at the plate and the runner gets a walk.
The girlfriend stands up and yells "Run Mother F&*@er, Run!"
Her boyfriend says "That boy can't run". Confused, the girlfriend ask "Why".
The boyfriend says "He has 4 balls"
The girlfriend say "4 balls? Strut Mother F&*@er, Strut!"

Reactions: iasooner2000
looked it up. BTO and Thin Lizzy plus Bob Seger must've been a great show! Whole bunch of hits to hear in person from all 3 bands. my fav was Stones following ZZtop, Fab Thunderbirds at the Cotton Bowl Nov 1 1981. Mick tore off a sweater to reveal a Tony Dorsett #33 jersey to the great cheer of the dallas crowd.
It wasn’t my first concert, but you’ll never see a show again like the first Texxas Jam. Aerosmith, Heart, Nugent, Journey, Van Halen, Head East, Atlanta rhythm Section, Eddie Money, Frank Marino. Holy Cow!

It wasn’t my first concert, but you’ll never see a show again like the first Texxas Jam. Aerosmith, Heart, Nugent, Journey, Van Halen, Head East, Atlanta rhythm Section, Eddie Money, Frank Marino. Holy Cow!
Half this board ain't heard of those bands. Music's dead these days it seems. Everyone's listenin to rap, cardy b, j'z , adel and the dolla sign apostrophy named boyz with their dreads cornrows pierced and tattooed faces. Music's slowly swiffed since the 70s. Imo.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Half this board ain't heard of those bands. Music's dead these days it seems. Everyone's listenin to rap, cardy b, j'z , adel and the dolla sign apostrophy named boyz with their dreads cornrows pierced and tattooed faces. Music's slowly swiffed since the 70s. Imo.
Half this board didn't even know these were bands/rockers. LOL

I'm thankful that I'm not everyone...

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
ADVERTISEMENT