ADVERTISEMENT

snoop dog

barkingwater2000

Sooner starter
Jan 12, 2012
Anyone else a little surprised that his son has decided not to play football? I admit I watched his show dealing with his football career and recruitment and he seemed like a pretty good kid. Something tells me Snoop is PO'd about this

Reactions: BillyRay
I dunno if Snoop is upset about his sons decision or not.
On one hand, sure it makes sense that he would be pissed about his son throwing away such a great opportunity.
On another hand, it's not like that family is hurting for money. So not like the kid needs to pursue an NFL career to feed his family or himself in the future. So I could also see Snoop supporting his sons decision and not put his health at risk with all the evidence of concussions and longterm dementia in football players later in life.
The kid is still apparently going to stay in school and pursue his degree, just minus a football career.

Reactions: Schoonerman
On one hand, sure it makes sense that he would be pissed about his son throwing away such a great opportunity.
On another hand, it's not like that family is hurting for money. So not like the kid needs to pursue an NFL career to feed his family or himself in the future. So I could also see Snoop supporting his sons decision and not put his health at risk with all the evidence of concussions and longterm dementia in football players later in life.
The kid is still apparently going to stay in school and pursue his degree, just minus a football career.

I hadn't heard that health reasons was a factor in Broadus deciding to give up football. If so, then good for him. He's making a tough, but very wise decision to look at the long-term effects of repeated head injuries. Too bad that a kid with that much talent (4 Star) won't be able to pursue his football career, but the fact that he's going to finish school says a lot about him. I can imagine that the easy thing would be to fall back on his dad's money, but he's taking the high road (no pun intended) with this decision and his future. I wish him the best.

I don't know if you watched the show or not, but Snoop was really into his son's football career. Maybe his son didn't want to put up with all the pressure? I don't know if I have ever seen a 4 star recruit quit football voluntarily, without being injured, before he even plays one down.

Reactions: BillyRay
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT