ADVERTISEMENT

Should I go West and pitch a tent

You seem to think that I can afford a residence out here. I rent, and not in a nice area either.

I was walking my dogs down my street the other day (adjacent to a nice, quiet airport and train station), and I saw a house for sale on my street. It looked horrible from the outside and tiny, so I thought, ah-ha, a house I can afford. I also do all of my own remodeling, so the condition of the house didn't concern me.

When I got home, I immediately looked up the house online.

2 bed, 1 bath - 800 sqft
The pictures of the inside were just as bad as the image of the outside. In the photo of the backyard, you could see a nice, fancy chain-link fence with what I imagined to be a very polite and quiet pitbull in mid-bark next door. The yard was all dirt.
And remember, not a good area. Plenty of crackheads and trash divers constantly walking up and down this street.

Pricetag - $575,000

It was at that point that I said FML.

I was thinking that may have been the case (the price tags, certainly not the lc's; no wonder you stay at work so much !) Just head east when the Joad's pull out for good. We've got fresh golden ears of deliciousness on almost every corner now until mid-September or later.

You can telecommute from my basement; we have lightning fast fiber connectivity here but will require your hardware as mine is lacking. I'm sure the company is fine with that...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT