ADVERTISEMENT

Sermon 2nd Thoughts

Tollboothmgr

OU scholarship offer
Sep 3, 2017
So it appears OU will play a fall season as we sit here Aug 20th. We know for sure the B10 will not and ya gotta think TS is re-thinking his decision to bounce from Norman. Surely he stretches out in his apt in Columbus and shakes his head. ("well trey that wasn't your best move", he says to himself) Can he even stick around another year to play there? That's if the Spring plan doesn't work out for the B10 obviously. Does anyone know why he transferred given his status and success on the team? Just in hindsight seems like a fumble. ouch sorry

The loss of both Sermon and Kennedy could be great, but OU has a great legacy of recruiting good-to-great running backs That may not be evident this year, but if all goes well in the 2021 recruiting, OU could recover....especially with DeMarco Murray on the staff.
As Plaino said on another thread, it would help if McGowan can be impactful right away and the same applies to Pledger. Stevenson, in his final season, looks to be the workhorse now.....and Marcus Major needs to be relevant too.

Reactions: iasooner1
With this years Oline, RB's will have holes. They just need to not fumble. I can't remember Brooks ever turning it over. A great RB, would thrive with this Oline. These guys are deep and nasty.

We may have some quality guys, but this is the least confident I've been about OUr running back room, than any time since before Boo Blake was head coach. Four ship guys is very thin at running back. Nobody proven. The best starting the year on suspension. If the letter of the law is applied to that, we will be week at RB against Texas, assuming we play. I don't care how good the HC is. You have to have players. And if Pledger is our starter, we might not even make the CCG, much less win it.

The alleged drop off in running back talent is one concern.
Having unproven QB talent for the first time in 15 years is another concern.
And what will we see on defense ? It’s been OU’s lack of defense that doomed the team when it reached the playoffs in recent years and is again OU’s biggest weakness.

Reactions: pssooner
ADVERTISEMENT