ADVERTISEMENT

SEC butthurt

As it turns out, it appears most Heisman voters did hold their ballots until after the CCGs and that appears to be the thing that put Kyler over the top (as it should be). Kyler had no hiccup games all year, Tua had his at the worst possible time.

It continues...whine whine whine about Tua. Kyler had a consistent and solid year. These cry babies really need a life. I really hope we drill these douches.

Really, wasn’t that to be expected? Let them whine knowing that if Tua had won Sooner fans would simply have congratulated him and wished him the best. :cool:

It is like every screaming baby said if Tua was in Big 12, he would have got 6000 yards. Pfftttt. His balky ankle would have given out earlier in the season if he played every game bell to bell. Most really don’t know what Kyler did was historical...the best of anyone in CFB with passing and rushing yards and QBR.

Tua is a better QB than Hurt, but I believe Alabama would be exactly where they are now had Jalen Hurt quarterbacked all year.
Not so with Murray, who took OU to an 11-1 record by himself and whose numbers were decidedly better than Tua's.
Yeah many times this season I thought if we didn’t have Kyler we’d be toast. He carried us all year and he’ll have to do it again against Bama.

Tua is a better QB than Hurt, but I believe Alabama would be exactly where they are now had Jalen Hurt quarterbacked all year.
Not so with Murray, who took OU to an 11-1 record by himself and whose numbers were decidedly better than Tua's.

I disagree. Saban selected Tua over Hurts for a reason. Passing skills.

Really, wasn’t that to be expected? Let them whine knowing that if Tua had won Sooner fans would simply have congratulated him and wished him the best. :cool:

I would have whined because I felt Kyler was the better QB, especially after watching Tua against Georgia. I have no problem with the best player winning, even if it's not a Sooner, but this time I felt Kyler had the better season, just like I thought Heuple got robbed by Weinke.

I would have whined because I felt Kyler was the better QB, especially after watching Tua against Georgia. I have no problem with the best player winning, even if it's not a Sooner, but this time I felt Kyler had the better season, just like I thought Heuple got robbed by Weinke.

My point was that every fan base has those that will always feel butt hurt because they feel the same exact way about their guy as you do about Kyler. There were three worthy candidates and the right guy won in our opinion but not in the opinion of most Alabama fans. Imagine that. The best way to shut them up is for Kyler to light it up in the Orange Bowl and lead OU to a victory. If Tua does it for Alabama just know that Kyler won’t have to give the trophy to him. Nothing Bama fans can do or say that will change the fact that Kyler Murray is the Heisman winner so Tua will just have to wait until next year for another try.

Last edited:
My point was that every fan base has those that will always feel butt hurt because they feel the same exact way about their guy as you do about Kyler. There were three worthy candidates and the right guy won in our opinion but not in the opinion of most Alabama fans. Imagine that.
I understand a team's fan base wanting their own player to win an award, but I also personally believe in objectivity. Had I been an Alabama fan I would view Murray's resume as superior to the other two finalists....and as either an Alabama or OU fan, I am much more concerned about the games on December 29th and beyond.

The Heisman is nothing but a beauty contest. So of course you're never going to please everyone, and people will be butthurt. What the SEC and it's talking head supporters do is continually try to pump themselves up as far superior, while simultaneously putting down everyone else as inferior. All part of the brainwashing playbook...

Reactions: iasooner1
Well in all fairness, the Bama fans are a bit restless when it comes to OU. They were greatly disappointed in the last meeting against OU and they finally have a QB and offense that can pretty much match numbers w/ the type of offense that OU has... only to lose again.

The fans are getting testy and I think by gametime they are going to want a W in a big way much like we did against our second meeting w/ UT. The Bama players will want to show up the Heisman selection process as well. They'll be after Murray much like the OU defense of 2000.

OU better strap up... I can see either a beat down on Murray or a all out high flying game. I see Saban allowing Tua to cut loose and just pour it on to send a message.

The Heisman is nothing but a beauty contest. So of course you're never going to please everyone, and people will be butthurt. What the SEC and it's talking head supporters do is continually try to pump themselves up as far superior, while simultaneously putting down everyone else as inferior. All part of the brainwashing playbook...
Well ya know, the SEC has won 10 of the last 15 national titles. You can call it brainwashing, but the results don't lie. The SEC isn't what it was a handful of years ago, but tell me which conference has stepped up to knock the SEC off it's pedestal?

They have no leg to go on. Kyler won the votes in every region with the exception of the South. Tua beat Kyler in the South region by 19 votes, whereas, Kyler beat Tua by an average of 63 votes in the other five regions. So, even in the South Tua barely squeezed out Kyler by a slim margin.

Well ya know, the SEC has won 10 of the last 15 national titles. You can call it brainwashing, but the results don't lie. The SEC isn't what it was a handful of years ago, but tell me which conference has stepped up to knock the SEC off it's pedestal?
No argument there. They are on a great title run (although isn't it just Bama at this point?; the other SEC titles are starting to fade into distant memory).

But my point is more about opportunities and them trying to sneak UGA in this year. You can't win titles if you're not playing for them. In the current 4 team playoff system, SEC has had 5 teams play and has 2 titles (40% title teams). The B1G is at 33% (3 teams in, 1 title). ACC is at 25% (1 of 4). XII and PAC are 0-fer on 2 tries each. They talk as if the SEC is an automatic qualifier every year and want to include a 2nd team every year. At this point the rest of the SEC is riding 'Bama's coat-tails. While the XII needs to step up and WIN a damn playoff game, it's going to be really tough to do if they're not putting us in to begin with. The rest of the SEC needs to step up and WIN their conference if they want in...

But, for now, this is 'Bama's world and we're all just spectators. When does Saban retire??

Well I am a Bama fan and I definitely felt that Kyler was the best player in the country. But I have objectivity. :cool:

Just poking at you but being as though your both a Sooner and Bama fan I take it you will view this game likely more objective than most of us will. I hope we mudhole them so we hear all the excuses as to why they lost. If they win you know they will be beating their chest chanting SEC SEC SEC.

Its not Bama I dislike as much as its I cant stand Saben or some of its fanbase. Yea I know we have our own knuckleheads but I think its safe to say its the opposition doing all the crap talking as most of our fanbase knows that this game is going to be tough to pull out. Its going to take a perfect and spetacular game from everyone on both sides of the ball to win this one and if they do it will rank right up there with some of OUs greatest wins.

Reactions: Oklabama
I have a feeling this game is going to get very physical along with both teams being very chippy. I just hope our team can stay away from the retailiating and drawing that flag.

The SEC has been on a great run but what folks dont seem to remember is that during that run they have needed some help from teams ahead of them late in the season to lose that allowed them to leap into those BCS CG. Had a playoff been around then its just a guessing game if they would have won that many.

No argument there. They are on a great title run (although isn't it just Bama at this point?; the other SEC titles are starting to fade into distant memory).

But my point is more about opportunities and them trying to sneak UGA in this year. You can't win titles if you're not playing for them. In the current 4 team playoff system, SEC has had 5 teams play and has 2 titles (40% title teams). The B1G is at 33% (3 teams in, 1 title). ACC is at 25% (1 of 4). XII and PAC are 0-fer on 2 tries each. They talk as if the SEC is an automatic qualifier every year and want to include a 2nd team every year. At this point the rest of the SEC is riding 'Bama's coat-tails. While the XII needs to step up and WIN a damn playoff game, it's going to be really tough to do if they're not putting us in to begin with. The rest of the SEC needs to step up and WIN their conference if they want in...

But, for now, this is 'Bama's world and we're all just spectators. When does Saban retire??
Nobody was trying to sneak in Georgia. For some of the talk that Georgia deserved to be in, there was twice as much talk about how they shouldn't be included. And for all the SEC bias and conspiracy talk that exists out there, OU has been in the playoffs 3 of the last 4 years. And also OU has won the last 2 Heisman Trophies. OU isn't being conspired against to shut them out. OU has been getting it's shot at playing for National Titles, so yes they have been playing for them. Yes, OU has been getting into the playoffs to begin with. But OU isn't doing any favors for their national perception when every time they get to the playoffs, they are one and done. That's not a media or SEC bias thing. That's a "OU isn't taking care of business" thing.

They have no leg to go on. Kyler won the votes in every region with the exception of the South. Tua beat Kyler in the South region by 19 votes, whereas, Kyler beat Tua by an average of 63 votes in the other five regions. So, even in the South Tua barely squeezed out Kyler by a slim margin.

I would bet that Tua wasn’t surprised that Kyler won. Disappointed but not surprised. His reaction was pretty classy. Better than Kevin Murray’s. As you say, Kyler carried the whole nation....almost. I expect Kyler to have a great game. It will likely be his last.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT