ADVERTISEMENT

Season Opener Info'...

Senior Sooner

Sooner starter
Dec 1, 2003
OU's season opener at home against Akron on Sept. 5 (time TBA) will be televised on a pay-per-view basis by FOX Sports Oklahoma. OU's Sept. 19 home contest versus Tulsa will start at 11 a.m. CT and be televised by FOX Sports 1.

Not surprised Akron is a pay-per-view game. Anyone know the game time? Hopefully it's a 7 p.m. kickoff. The 11 a.m. game vs. TU just sucks. I've read where the players like the early games, but I'm not a fan of 11 a.m. kickoffs. And Section 22 is right, it will be a sauna midway through the first quarter and Medic will be working his ass off trying to revive and people who fell out due to heat, humidity and a lack of hydration. :(

Yeah, it do get hot there...
An observation.
You're dehydrated, weak and 82 years old, and they really expect you to navigate down 62 steps, stand in line to buy a four dollar bottle of water?
When it's over 85, 90 degrees, they should have all manner of Boy Scouts, Mormons, whoever aggressively offering water to anyone with the strength to call out for it...for cost!

I like Joe Castiglione, he's great, but he has totally dropped the ball in this single regard.
The U makes 7 million every home game, they won't go bankrupt keeping the fans safe in the extreme heat.

OK, I'm done with editorial comment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT