ADVERTISEMENT

Scoop's Illegitimate Son: Dec. 13, 2021

BPrzybylo

Sooner starter
Nov 20, 2017
Let's get to it, those pre-commitment stories aren't going to write themselves, ya know.

That was a weird Sunday where you're just like waiting for stuff to happen. You're hearing all these good things about things happening, but meh, nothing does. Glad Evers got the ball rolling Monday b/c there's a lot more coming through Wednesday and not everything HAS to happen Wednesday. Spread it out a bit.

Let's roll.

Signing day predictions

Kobie McKinzie (10:45 a.m., Tuesday)

Prediction
: OU

Ceremony is Tuesday instead of Wednesday because Tuesday is the last day all students will be together at Lubbock Cooper. OK, no problem there.

Even take out the banter between McKinzie and Danny Stutsman this weekend, this just felt like McKinzie needing to hear from OU coaches again and then making his call.

Alton Tarber (TBD)

Prediction

Kudos to Josh who noticed it (sure some of you did as well) that Tarber's decommitment notes app message was written Friday morning. Ha, he was offered Thursday, guess he knew. Well, there ya go, esp coming off the OU visit. Rough few months for Tarber, who lost his father b/c COVID-19 back in August.

Jayden Gibson (1 p.m., Wednesday)

Prediction

We all know the story here that Gibson and Nick Evers felt like a package duo. Well, Evers decided he didn't need to wait. Gibson decides in the middle of his official visit that he knows when he wants to announce? Yea, whew.

Desean Brown (TBD)

Prediction

Who knew recruits like this still existed? Brown could have gone to a number of different schools in the last month or two, kept holding out hope for the OU offer.

And then, bam, it happened Saturday night. Even with the uncertainty of the defensive line coach, Brown waited for his moment and what a senior season he had.

Neto Umeozulu (TBD)

Prediction

I get it, the offensive line frustration has been, well, frustrating. No Cam Williams. Most likely no Devon Campbell, no Kam Dewberry. Eventually, ya gotta get one of them, right?

Josh isn't wrong about Neto being the quietest recruit in recent memory, but OU should be in as good of a position as anybody. I mean if there's anybody, it has to be OU.

Devon Campbell - Texas
Kam Dewberry - Texas A&M
Pancake Hunter - Missouri
Malik Agbo - Texas (can Horns really take 'em all?)
Chris McClellan (I'll go with Florida, but I'm still on watch for this one)

So add those five pieces, keep Xavion Brice, maybe Jovantae Barnes and look ahead to the transfer portal (Zach Evans, Tank Bigsby anyone?) and February. There are a lot worse scenarios that could have been true after the last two weeks.

Relationships matter

Venables said it:

"Listen, I’m a simple guy. I value some things that maybe other people don’t, maybe more-so. I value relationships. I value people. I value quality of life. And I value simplicity. Just because you become the head coach doesn’t mean you can’t keep things simple, you control that narrative. And listen, this is Oklahoma, alright."

Venables meant it:

Chavis a different breed?

And we'll end with a couple of ICYMI tweets just b/c of how fast threads are cycling out of the first page b/c so many are being created.

I mean that's one way to endear yourself to OU fans. Maybe Miguel Chavis is gonna bring a different sort of energy.

Chills

Seriously. This was so awesome. OU not about to fall behind in the social media department, that's for sure.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News