ADVERTISEMENT

Safety Kendal Daniels is reported to be getting released from his LOI from ATM....

IDK, we backed off recruiting him. He was OU all the way but the coaches didn't like something and backed off recruiting him, the last couple of weeks, before he switched to the aggys. I heard it's his speed but watching his film, his top end speed is almost elite.

IDK, we backed off recruiting him. He was OU all the way but the coaches didn't like something and backed off recruiting him, the last couple of weeks, before he switched to the aggys. I heard it's his speed but watching his film, his top end speed is almost elite.

He committed to TAMU in early August, so I'm confused about OU backing off. Care to clarify?

Reactions: 8085sooner
I think he'll land in Miami, we have 2 true safeties, from transfers and Juco. Most have him playing hybrid. I would love to find out why we backed off.

Reactions: iasooner2000
Whatever Riley and his staff decide on Daniels, I'm confident the decision will be in OU's best interest.
Purely speculation, but Coach Riley and staff seems like they do more homework on a prospective recruit, trying to weed out the "attitude" and "its all about me" guys. Also work ethic is crucial. Some have it, some don't.

Purely speculation, but Coach Riley and staff seems like they do more homework on a prospective recruit, trying to weed out the "attitude" and "its all about me" guys. Also work ethic is crucial. Some have it, some don't.
I’m picking that up also.
I also believe that as far as transfers go, what OU lost was not as good as what came in. I didn’t want to see both backup quarterbacks transfer out but with Caleb Williams arriving and the QB from Penn State transferring in OU should be in good shape.
I like Swenson returning at tackle because he’s a decent OT who had some good moments last year and I expect him to be better given an extra year.....and yes, I know OT Morris from Tennessee will be a big addition.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I’m picking that up also.
I also believe that as far as transfers go, what OU lost was not as good as what came in. I didn’t want to see both backup quarterbacks transfer out but with Caleb Williams arriving and the QB from Penn State transferring in OU should be in good shape.
I like Swenson returning at tackle because he’s a decent OT who had some good moments last year and I expect him to be better given an extra year.....and yes, I know OT Morris from Tennessee will be a big addition.
Swenson came on strong latter part of year. His light came on.

ADVERTISEMENT