ADVERTISEMENT

RIP EDDIE!!!!!

Saw Van Halen in 84 at the myriad, summer of 84. Eddie was and still is far and beyond the Hendrix and Allman lick. Not even close, Eddie was an innovator and virtuoso. Man was mad. Sad day for me, Van Halen still juices me to this day. Just had to throw that out there. 😁

Had never seen this until last year. Eddie went thru a dark time for a while and I think there is a lot of pain coming out of his music here. RIP EVH, a legend that will be missed and my heart is heavy and sad tonight. Hearing VH back in the 80's and Eddie's playing was what got me into the Guitar and have been playing ever since. Not very good but I have fun doing it thanks to him and his inspiration. Thanks for the Music you left us.

Last edited:
Had never seen this until last year. Eddie went thru a dark time for a while and I think there is a lot of pain coming out of his music here. RIP EVH, a legend that will be missed and my heart is heavy and sad tonight. Hearing VH back in the 80's and Eddie's playing was what got me into the Guitar and have been playing ever since. Not very good but I have fun doing it thanks to him and his inspiration. Thanks for the Music you left us.
My first time seeing that brother, amazing. I wonder what other treasures Eddie has hidden there in 5150

I saw VH in 94' in San Antonio. Hagar was there at that time and it was a damn good show. I'll always defer to VH with Roth but they couldn't have picked a better replacement imo, not much drop off if any in terms of singing talent. VH and ACDC are the only 2 bands I'm familiar with that have replaced a lead singer and not missed a beat.

I watched Roth on CBS Sunday morning yesterday. Original and eccentric now as he's always been. He doesn't just exist, Diamond Dave does what he wants to do. Where have all the good times gone? 😁

Reactions: Belldozer1
Okay I gotta unload a bit more of my story. Cain’s had tables for 2 set up for at least the front part of the house that night and me and my bud got in early enough to scramble in and look for one. I was primed well that evening and we thought we were shut out when I saw a swarthy Mideastern guy get up and head to the bar and Shazam, our spot opened up and we were set. Possibly the origins of jihad in T-town but not that night. I wish I could find the set list but think they opened with Running with the devil

Urban legend is that Crazy T Nugent had a bunch of his gear stolen from there. My parents used to go there to see Bob Wills when they were young.
The best shows in town were there and Old Lady on Brady before they finally built the BOK facility
My dad and his brother grew up in Tulsa, attended Will Rogers High School and were fortunate enough to see bob Wills quite a few times at Cain's as well. That's some history there.

ADVERTISEMENT