ADVERTISEMENT

Riley

I can’t blame Riley for accepting a job paying ridiculous money but leaving and poaching recruits/players was shady. He makes more than Saban, funny to me
In LA, he could make double what Saban makes, and still Saban would have more money to spend. But LR now has a shorter trip to Disneyland, and the dumbest state government in America.

In LA, he could make double what Saban makes, and still Saban would have more money to spend. But LR now has a shorter trip to Disneyland, and the dumbest state government in America.
And once again, I cannot stress enough how much Riley taking Clarke Stroud with him benefitted OU. That dumbass was taking OU nowhere as the Director of Operations.

I think the question that's been pushed to the side is, "Was JC oblivious to tbow's departure?"

I think the question that's been pushed to the side is, "Was JC oblivious to tbow's departure?"
No, he wasn't. How do you think Bob stepping up to coach the bowl game and the Venables hire happened so quickly? I'd tell you the "rumors" I've "heard" but it requires us meeting in person

No, he wasn't. How do you think Bob stepping up to coach the bowl game and the Venables hire happened so quickly? I'd tell you the "rumors" I've "heard" but it requires us meeting in person
My man, I'm obviously not on the inside like you but the bullshit with tbow leaving like he did lends to questions? I guess to the ignorant general public. Does it not? Again, I'm not in the know like you. I find it hard to believe JC didn't see tbow's bolt coming. All I'm sayin.

My man, I'm obviously not on the inside like you but the bullshit with tbow leaving like he did lends to questions? I guess to the ignorant general public. Does it not? Again, I'm not in the know like you. I find it hard to believe JC didn't see tbow's bolt coming. All I'm sayin.
Read the question and Medic's response again. Woody asked if Joe was oblivious and Medic said he was not oblivious, meaning he knew it was coming. I have heard that Joe was tipped off about six weeks before it happened. Joe approached LR and was told there was nothing to the story. Riley supposedly "bent" his response to reference LSU. Joe reportedly informed Bob Stoops when he felt the rumar has substance. Rumor has it that Riley approached a few of his assistants about their interest in relocating. The "leak" came from an assistant coach that was not interested in leaving OU. I think we can logically guess who this would be. I got all of this well after BV was hired and the general state of affairs was looking up.

Brother Woody, I was answering your question. I wasn't trying to be snooty. It's definitely a legitimate question.

I guess I'm not in the know cause I never heard of the guy
You aren't missing out. He was previously the dean of student affairs. He had as much knowledge about building the OU brand as I do about building a nuclear reactor from scratch.

You aren't missing out. He was previously the dean of student affairs. He had as much knowledge about building the OU brand as I do about building a nuclear reactor from scratch.

I met Stroud in Norman last year. I was immediately aware of a coolness between Stroud and Zac Selmon, Deputy AD. Selmon is a nice and engaging character. I have become pretty close to several "working" level people in the Sooner Club Admin. One said Stroud was counter-productive and nixed anything that was not his idea.

Trading Stroud for Turnipseed should be considered a "hit-out-of-the-park".

Over the lasr 3 or 4 years, l've really enjoyed the two, 1-hour shows on Tuesday nights on Soonersports. The Huddle and whatever they call the other one. But when Stroud was on, l just didn't get his schtict. Insincerity, thy name is Clark. Toby kept telling us what a funny and wonderful guy he was. It rang very hollow.

I usually watch beginning to end, but when Clark was on, l changed the channel. Bad odor.

Reactions: iasooner2000
I met Stroud in Norman last year. I was immediately aware of a coolness between Stroud and Zac Selmon, Deputy AD. Selmon is a nice and engaging character. I have become pretty close to several "working" level people in the Sooner Club Admin. One said Stroud was counter-productive and nixed anything that was not his idea.

Trading Stroud for Turnipseed should be considered a "hit-out-of-the-park".

RE: Coolness between Stroud and Zac...VERY Perceptive, SS!

Read the question and Medic's response again. Woody asked if Joe was oblivious and Medic said he was not oblivious, meaning he knew it was coming. I have heard that Joe was tipped off about six weeks before it happened. Joe approached LR and was told there was nothing to the story. Riley supposedly "bent" his response to reference LSU. Joe reportedly informed Bob Stoops when he felt the rumar has substance. Rumor has it that Riley approached a few of his assistants about their interest in relocating. The "leak" came from an assistant coach that was not interested in leaving OU. I think we can logically guess who this would be. I got all of this well after BV was hired and the general state of affairs was looking up.

Demarco? Maybe Bedenbaugh?

He conveniently left out the part where he intentionally raided the OU roster. Keep your memories, Bitch Boy. We have OUr coach.
People have short memories! That is what he is banking on. His character and who he really is came through in the days and weeks after that OSU loss. Everything else is trying to repair his piece of shit image. People are so gullible.

He conveniently left out the part where he intentionally raided the OU roster. Keep your memories, Bitch Boy. We have OUr coach.
And hearing his concern regarding NIL being used in wrong ways recently when Oregon came in and stole a big time Oline recruit USC was after,made me chuckle. Kind of like he said there needs to be parameters in the transfer portal after he just abused it to satisfy his own needs. Riley’s real good at pointing out fallacies after he’s used it to enrich himself.

Brother Woody, I was answering your question. I wasn't trying to be snooty. It's definitely a legitimate question.
Please accept my apology brother. Simple post by you that I somehow misinterpreted. Riley departing the way he did stirred anger within me and we're in a better place now because of it imo. BOOMER!

I did my man! Great post by the way. I guess my reading comprehension got the best of me. 👍

I guess I’m in the minority but I’m happy that Riley left and now I’m not even concerned how he left or who he poached. We have a better coach now and the players that followed Riley weren’t Sooners. The only thing that pisses me off about Riley is the way he coached the games last year and for that reason alone he showed his ass to the NCAA nation. He’s got to live with that. Forget about the asshole and move on is my advice.

I guess I’m in the minority but I’m happy that Riley left and now I’m not even concerned how he left or who he poached. We have a better coach now and the players that followed Riley weren’t Sooners. The only thing that pisses me off about Riley is the way he coached the games last year and for that reason alone he showed his ass to the NCAA nation. He’s got to live with that. Forget about the asshole and move on is my advice.
We're all the better for it my man! I'm juiced with Brent. 😁

Please accept my apology brother. Simple post by you that I somehow misinterpreted. Riley departing the way he did stirred anger within me and we're in a better place now because of it imo. BOOMER!
No need to apologize, my brother. I just wanted you to know I wasn't being a shithead. Yes, we're definitely in a better place. Joe C and crew caught wind and worked their asses off to secure a better future for OUr team than Bitch Boy could ever provide.

ADVERTISEMENT