ADVERTISEMENT

Riley with a new contract

kcstorm06

Sooner starter
Aug 31, 2006
Overland Park KS
He has weathered a bunch of things, and now he has the CoVid uncertainties. If we manage to pull off a full season, he will have to WIN a big playoff game.

Reactions: iasooner1
Regardless of what happens this year, Riley's 2 year extension is a major coup for OU, keeping him here at least until after the 2025 season.
This should allow OU to maintain the current winning trend, but how it will equate to winning a national championship is another story.
Consider: after the 2000 championship season, we all felt that there would be more championships under Stoops. It sure seemed likely to me at that time. All the resources were suddenly up and running like never before.
It's easy to say how most teams would love to have had OU's record in this century, but OU....being OU....has to reclaim its place among the elite, and that includes getting through the postseason and winning it all. The current "so-near-yet-so-far" scenario for 19 seasons has gotten stale.

Last edited:
As frustrating as it has been at least we have the consistently top 4 or 5 badge which about 135 programs would kill to achieve
That's what I said and we know it. But until OU can break through the stranglehold by teams from Dixie (Clemson and the SEC) who play well on both offense AND defense, national championships are not happening.

That's what I said and we know it. But until OU can break through the stranglehold by teams from Dixie (Clemson and the SEC) who play well on both offense AND defense, national championships are not happening.

Yet, anything is possible. :cool: Like a shark attack off the Maine coast.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT