ADVERTISEMENT

Rewatched the game…

rush4life

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2011
Sorry for the long read. No more coaching for me and I need my fix lol

1. I know its one game and against Temple but this defense is DIFFERENT. They have a confidence that I haven’s seen since maybe the 03-04 team. And the scary thing is we were basic AF! We are 3 deep in every position and might not have to blitz to get QB pressure! G-Baby played his ass off last night but the guy who stood out for me was Dolby. I could be wrong but it looks like he makes a lot of the calls on the field. There was a 3rd down play on Temple’s scoring drive that they converted on and he was going crazy trying to get the call right because he knew they were compromised. That guy is a DUDE. My worry has always been the middle of the field. If we have that on lock then Jesus take the wheel!

2. This may sound crazy but the offensive line wasn’t as bad as it looked. Not saying they were good but many of the issues are assignment flaws that will be fixed with reps. For example, lets say the center and guard were combo blocking, the guard would go 2nd level to soon leaving the center with no leverage allowing an easy win for the defender. Hickman going down ****ed up the flow but this group hasn’t gotten many reps due to injuries and just weren’t staying on their blocks long enough. I can work with the interior guys. #54 has a mean steak.. The OTs worry me especially in pass pro ESPECIALLY Brown. He is BAD bad. Multiple times he was getting pushed into JA’s lap. Sharp had to help him a ton. Might need to let the young guys eat if it’s the better unit. I trust BB to get it right and he is definitely gonna cuss them out during film. But with all that being said there were holes to run through. Which leads to #3

3. The RBs were missing holes man. And I love Sawchuck but you have to know your personnel. There are times he needs to hit the hole but too patient at times. He looked the worse of the backs. Tatum is different and I’m taking #8 and #20 and I’m running a ton of 2 back. Every time they were in a 2 back set we moved the ball at will. I’m doing this especially with banged up WRs. Mix it up between 21 personnel and 22 mainly for running to help this o-line. And 2 of the sacks were due to lack of RB pass pro.

4. Just like JA is fresh, so is the OCs. I think getting JA in rhythm with quick game and rolling him out will help and I expect to see more of that. Pass catchers need to step up outside of Deion and Bauer. Don’t rush Nic back until he is 100%. Let the Zion Bros get work. Nix the designed runs for him. Only time he should run is if he is scrambling or an occasional zone read.

5. LAWD PLEASE DON’T JINX THIS BUT DAMMIT I THINK WE HAVE A KICKER!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.