ADVERTISEMENT

Remember when OU thumped BYU 7-1 for their first win of the season?

Plainosooner

Sooner starter
Oct 20, 2002
Plano, TX
BYU was in the first regional of the season, as a two seed faced one of those powerful SEC teams, that saw all of their 13 teams in the tournament. Final BYU run-ruled Mississippi State 8-0 (6) tonight in the regional held at the University of Utah, BYU's biggest rival.

I wonder if BYU's RPI will go up to 9 after such a powerful performance.

Not to be confusing, Utah is the one seed in the regional and 11 nationally. Within each regional, the teams are seeded one through four. One and two are home teams in the first round and the higher seed will be home team in the second round. In this regional, Utah is 1, BYU 2, Mississippi State a 3 and Fordham is the 4. Utah beat Fordham 10-0.

Last edited:
I hope Minnesota knocks out Florida, The SEC will call foul for putting the Number 1 ranked team in the same bracket as the #1 seed

Reactions: iasooner1
I hope Minnesota knocks out Florida, The SEC will call foul for putting the Number 1 ranked team in the same bracket as the #1 seed

They'd have to win the Tuscaloosa regional first.

BTW, OSU just got their first hit in a 0-0 game with a .single in the 5-6 hole in B6

Next pitch an RBI double. OSU leads 1-0 B6. After a sacrifice, runner at third one out.

Reactions: iasooner1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT