ADVERTISEMENT

Refs

thatdude35

OU scholarship offer
Sep 8, 2010
Student of the Game
are really bad? So bad even Griese said there were terrible calls. We would’ve won by double digits had the facemask or the phantom hold wasn’t called. I feel like espn wants good games.

Reactions: Schoonerman
are really bad? So bad even Griese said there were terrible calls. We would’ve won by double digits had the facemask or the phantom hold wasn’t called. I feel like espn wants good games.

If we had a Defense with a pulse I might agree somewhat.

Refs sucked and defense sucked. Makes you wonder what the refs are doing out there? Are they too fatigued to make proper calls down to the wire? Big 12 is a hapless conference in many aspects.

What do you mean agree? We score if not for that missed call or call on Ford. There’s nothing to disagree on even Griese complained

Had we lost I would not have blamed it on the Refs. I would have blamed it on the D. The Refs didn't score a single point on our defense but Okie Lite lit us up like a Christmas Tree.
Not arguing about the Refs calls.

Had we lost I would not have blamed it on the Refs. I would have blamed it on the D. The Refs didn't score a single point on our defense but Okie Lite lit us up like a Christmas Tree.
Not arguing about the Refs calls.

It wouldn’t have just been the defense. There’s more factors to losing a game. It would’ve been the defense, offense, coaching and refs

If anyone stayed for the end-of-game-comments, they heard the announcer say "I don't believe 'The Committee' will Ding OU for the 1-Point-Win, in view of the History of this Rivalry, but I DO believe 'The Committee' will Ding OU for 'THIS Defense'"...

I agree!

Naw it’s never happened why would it now.

If anyone stayed for the end-of-game-comments, they heard the announcer say "I don't believe 'The Committee' will Ding OU for the 1-Point-Win, in view of the History of this Rivalry, but I DO believe 'The Committee' will Ding OU for 'THIS Defense'"...

I agree!

I hate to say this but I doubt we will even have to worry about the playoffs this year.

Reactions: Senior Sooner
Refs sucked and defense sucked. Makes you wonder what the refs are doing out there? Are they too fatigued to make proper calls down to the wire? Big 12 is a hapless conference in many aspects.
It wouldn’t have just been the defense. There’s more factors to losing a game. It would’ve been the defense, offense, coaching and refs

The Offense didn't give up 500 yds passing. Nor did the refs.

I said he same thing a few weeks ago. I said as much as the CFP Committee would like to see OU's Offense in the Playoffs they more than likely would not like to see our Defense in the Playoffs amd that would cost us more than likely but at this point I am not sure this team is Playoff Worthy.
I keep hearing how great Georgia and Alabama is and how good LSU was. LSU spanked Georgia, Bama spanked LSU, LSU squeaked by a bad lil Piggie team tonight. Also I believe that horrible lil Piggies team put up over 400 yds and over 30 points on that vaunted Bama D so I am not so sure we could not play against Bama and or Georgia. Have not seen enough of Mich, Clemson or ND but from what I have seen those 2 teams don't put the fear of God into anyone.
If we make it fine, if we don't fine but we will never know how we stack up vs those teams unless we get in. We have to win out and have some luck along the way to make it so I guess we will just have to see how it goes.
I hope we make it!

I said he same thing a few weeks ago. I said as much as the CFP Committee would like to see OU's Offense in the Playoffs they more than likely would not like to see our Defense in the Playoffs amd that would cost us more than likely but at this point I am not sure this team is Playoff Worthy.
I keep hearing how great Georgia and Alabama is and how good LSU was. LSU spanked Georgia, Bama spanked LSU, LSU squeaked by a bad lil Piggie team tonight. Also I believe that horrible lil Piggies team put up over 400 yds and over 30 points on that vaunted Bama D so I am not so sure we could not play against Bama and or Georgia. Have not seen enough of Mich, Clemson or ND but from what I have seen those 2 teams don't put the fear of God into anyone.
If we make it fine, if we don't fine but we will never know how we stack up vs those teams unless we get in. We have to win out and have some luck along the way to make it so I guess we will just have to see how it goes.
I hope we make it!

Just taking OU out of the equation for a moment, I’m waiting to see how the Michigan - Ohio State, Notre Dame - Syracuse, Alabama - Georgia games play out. Clemson gets who for the title game?? IF Ohio State were to beat Michigan, which I don’t think they will.....but when’s the last time Michigan won that game.....it wouldn’t surprise me to see Northwestern win the Big Ten title. That could really cause the committee serious heartburn. A two loss Michigan and Ohio State team won’t be in the conversation any longer, IMO. If Syracuse were to upset the Domers I think they will still be safe but it could change who they would play in the first round. If Georgia beats Bama I think both are in the playoffs. Clemson, Alabama, Georgia and Notre Dame. That screws up my picks for the Sugar. An OU- Georgia rematch. If Michigan and Notre Dame win out, as they should, the committee better hope for Alabama to beats Georgia. Having to choose between two one loss SEC teams will be very unpopular regardless which team they select. I don’t see a way for OU to get in the mix unless there are a couple of unexpected losses.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
Just taking OU out of the equation for a moment, I’m waiting to see how the Michigan - Ohio State, Notre Dame - Syracuse, Alabama - Georgia games play out. Clemson gets who for the title game?? IF Ohio State were to beat Michigan, which I don’t think they will.....but when’s the last time Michigan won that game.....it wouldn’t surprise me to see Northwestern win the Big Ten title. That could really cause the committee serious heartburn. A two loss Michigan and Ohio State team won’t be in the conversation any longer, IMO. If Syracuse were to upset the Domers I think they will still be safe but it could change who they would play in the first round. If Georgia beats Bama I think both are in the playoffs. Clemson, Alabama, Georgia and Notre Dame. That screws up my picks for the Sugar. An OU- Georgia rematch. If Michigan and Notre Dame win out, as they should, the committee better hope for Alabama to beats Georgia. Having to choose between two one loss SEC teams will be very unpopular regardless which team they select. I don’t see a way for OU to get in the mix unless there are a couple of unexpected losses.

What a mess that would be!
I was watching the lil piggie vs lsu game last night before I nodded off from boredom and one of the announcers was asking if a 2 loss lsu team might get in? I know lsu beat some ranked teams at the time they played this season and their best win was vs Georgia but lsu in my opinion is not a very good team.

At this point, I don’t see a two loss team getting into the playoffs even if ESPN talking heads want to talk up the SEC. Washington State is likely end up with only one loss. OU hopefully will only have one loss. Then there’s Michigan, maybe Notre Dame will slip up and lose one. I think Georgia beats Alabama. If so there are two more really good teams with only one loss. Two losses and forget about it.

Reactions: OUSOONER67
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT