ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

Jul 19, 2001
22 commits. 16 **** among them. What's happened? My memory is that we haven't been in the top 10 in team recruiting in most of the past 10 years - At least since the Bomar and Peterson days. How are we doing so well? What are we doing different? Can someone give a thoughtful answer? Thanks

Actually, that is when it started. I think 8085 is correct.
The question now is how many of these commitments can be maintained until signing day.
So far, I think the final four finish last season, OU's name brand, and coaches who are good recruiters are factors in such a highly rated class.

Bob revamped his staff and put a new emphasis on recruiting. Word on the street is for a number of years Bob allowed his staff to get lazy at recruiting, and it was clearly showing on the field. The new staff has a new energy and focus on recruiting and it's paying off hugely in the 2017 class.

Reactions: Huntin Hard
Bob revamped his staff and put a new emphasis on recruiting. Word on the street is for a number of years Bob allowed his staff to get lazy at recruiting, and it was clearly showing on the field. The new staff has a new energy and focus on recruiting and it's paying off hugely in the 2017 class.
Amazing how "the greatest coaching staff in the country" was revamped and energized.
Bob has one more change to make to complete the process.

Amazing how "the greatest coaching staff in the country" was revamped and energized.
Bob has one more change to make to complete the process.

That "greatest coaching staff in the country" phrase is thrown around pretty loosely. I heard one of the talking heads make that same claim about another program a couple of weeks ago, and it wasn't OU he was talking about. I was so surprised to hear that about another school that I almost dropped my bowl of ice cream. Now I can't remember what school the guy was referencing.

No question the reason is making the playoffs. The previous big recruiting boast was after beating Bama (Mixon and company)

Reactions: JConXtsy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT