ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting.............

K2C Sooner

Sooner starter
Sep 2, 2012
Catoosa OK
I'm not a big time recruiting fan or I would join the pay site. That's not my point.

I just wonder how this ten win season is effecting our recruiting. Are we looking at more 5 stars than we were a couple of weeks ago?

LSU has the #1 recruiting class so far this year. If they fire Les, will we benefit?

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
No, not going to be any profound changes until the season is completely over.

We're getting some looks for sure now, and surely we'll improve on our now 53rd place in Rivals before the Feb. signing date. We always do.

Now, if we win the whole shebang we'll end up with a top five class.
That's just the way it works.
Everyone wants to play for championships...they'll flock to OU like they did in the early 2000s.
Remember how flush we were with blue chips?

Ah, I wax nostalgic again.:D

Last edited:
Reactions: K2C Sooner
I'm not a big time recruiting fan or I would join the pay site. That's not my point.

I just wonder how this ten win season is effecting our recruiting. Are we looking at more 5 stars than we were a couple of weeks ago?

LSU has the #1 recruiting class so far this year. If they fire Les, will we benefit?

The ESPN TH's are talking like Lester moving on is a done deal. Amazing for a guy who was coaching the SEC team ranked number two in America less than a month ago.

Who has won a national title. Pretty incredible, really. How it impacts their recruiting is going to depend on who the new hire is. From Jimbo's complaints, it's likely going to be him.

The ESPN TH's are talking like Lester moving on is a done deal. Amazing for a guy who was coaching the SEC team ranked number two in America less than a month ago.

Who has won a national title. Pretty incredible, really. How it impacts their recruiting is going to depend on who the new hire is. From Jimbo's complaints, it's likely going to be him.
All one has to do is look at Miles record vs bama. LSU feels they should be right up there with bama every year and with the talent they have had its not hard to argue that. I think Les has been on the hot seat after bama beat them in the 2012 NC game, Les said they didn't change a thing they did when they beat bama in the reg season, bama did and won the game. I think that was the start of his downfall. lsu fans think they are and have always been a cf power and taking a back seat to bama and their former coach Saban is too much for them to take. Losing to arkie 2 yrs in a row probably did not help as neither did the lofty ranking they had prior to the bama game this year. I too think he is done, crazy as that is. I read that Miles wants one more year and then said he will retire but thats probably not gonna happen.

I also heard on the radio today that his buyout is like 15 million and if he is fired before a bowl game 3 million is added to that figure. Insane.

I also heard on the radio today that his buyout is like 15 million and if he is fired before a bowl game 3 million is added to that figure. Insane.

See, like I said before...15, 18 million?
I'd just let myself go... buy several homes in several different countries...what's the problem?

Man, people create issues when there isn't any...why?:eek:

Reactions: OUSOONER67
I read where the LSU brass wanted to take the offense into the 21st century. Miles bucked up and wouldn't change.......Just 4 thoughts....
Good point, I read that as well. I think part of that comes from the inability to recruit a qb that can do that. When was the last time lsu had a great qb?

Good point, I read that as well. I think part of that comes from the inability to recruit a qb that can do that. When was the last time lsu had a great qb?

Go to the LSU website. They have the top Q-b recruit in the nation, along with several 4 Stars rated in the top 3 at all positions, pledged....It's not recruiting..........

Reactions: Soonersincefitty
Go to the LSU website. They have the top Q-b recruit in the nation, along with several 4 Stars rated in the top 3 at all positions, pledged....It's not recruiting..........
Not what I meant, he may have a star qb recruit but its the lack of one in years past is what I have heard that is his problem. Check out ths link. I think it was after the bama loss this year that I first heard about the lack of a good qb at lsu for quite some time. Lots of speculation as to why lsu lost John Chavis to aTm was because it was hard for him to have an effective defense at lsu because the offense was ineffective and kept his defense on the field too long, lack of a passing game being the cause. Lsu may have a solid qb recruit signed but they are probably past the point of waiting for one to arrive let alone wait for the results. Just my opinion
http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...r-qb-keeping-lsu-out-of-ncaa-title-discussion

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Copied from ESPN article:

"He is under contract through 2019 with a 2015 buyout figure of $15 million. Miles' buyout would decrease to $12.9 million if he was fired after Jan. 1.

Boosters have already agreed to pay the $15 million to $20 million needed to buy out Miles and his staff, the source told ESPN."

Not what I meant, he may have a star qb recruit but its the lack of one in years past is what I have heard that is his problem. Check out ths link. I think it was after the bama loss this year that I first heard about the lack of a good qb at lsu for quite some time. Lots of speculation as to why lsu lost John Chavis to aTm was because it was hard for him to have an effective defense at lsu because the offense was ineffective and kept his defense on the field too long, lack of a passing game being the cause. Lsu may have a solid qb recruit signed but they are probably past the point of waiting for one to arrive let alone wait for the results. Just my opinion
http://m.bleacherreport.com/article...r-qb-keeping-lsu-out-of-ncaa-title-discussion

Les' problem is he's tried to go toe to toe with Bama. Line up in the I and pound at them with his big back. Recipe for failure.

Interesting 22. Would texass have to buy out strong?

I heard a sports talk discussion where the scenario is that Strong would leave on his own to take another job. No buyout, and that there are big donors with boners at UT who want Les Miles. Les' daughter already attends UT and is a varsity swimmer.

Last edited:
I heard a sports talk discussion where the scenario is that Strong would leave on his own to take another job. No buyout, and that there are big donors with boners at UT who want Les Miles. Les' daughter already attends UT and is a varsity swimmer.
Makes sense, heard the other day that Strong might want to go to Miami.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT