ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Update...

Dare we DREAM? I swore I wouldn't...After the hOUston Loss, I sorta, kinda, developed a BAD Attitude, and wasn't 100% All-In, the rest of the Season. Now, things are definitely looking brighter! Maybe...Just MAYBE! ;)

Not going to get excited until we sign a few DL studs. And then see if our defensive coaches can develop all the DBs and LBs on campus. Need a defense to compliment our outstanding offense to win the Big one. :D

Not going to get excited until we sign a few DL studs. And then see if our defensive coaches can develop all the DBs and LBs on campus. Need a defense to compliment our outstanding offense to win the Big one. :D

I agree with this. Like getting a report card with strait As except for an F in Math.

Reactions: iasooner1
I believe OU will sign two defensive linemen by signing day.
I just can't see Stoops and his staff purposely ignoring this important need.
Sooners are still in the hunt for Marvin Wilson from Houston who's considered among the top 2 or 3 DL's in the country....and he's 6'4" 320 lbs.

We just lost out on the 3 DL we were recruiting. One to Iowa State, yes you read this correctly. Lost out on an Ardmore DT to TCU and lost out on another to Miss State. Is it Mike Stoops, Thibs, the 3-4? Not a good week for the D side.

We just lost out on the 3 DL we were recruiting. One to Iowa State, yes you read this correctly. Lost out on an Ardmore DT to TCU and lost out on another to Miss State. Is it Mike Stoops, Thibs, the 3-4? Not a good week for the D side.
The two going to Iowa State and TCU are second tier prospects. Josh Rogers and Marvin Wilson, both from Houston, are considering OU and are highly recruited by name brand teams.
Historically, Stoops and his staff have pulled some late surprises.

The two going to Iowa State and TCU are second tier prospects. Josh Rogers and Marvin Wilson, both from Houston, are considering OU and are highly recruited by name brand teams.
Historically, Stoops and his staff have pulled some late surprises.

We have no shot at Wilson and Rodgers only a small chance. If we do not sign a DT this year, that's two years in a row without a DT. It ALL starts upfront.

We have no shot at Wilson and Rodgers only a small chance. If we do not sign a DT this year, that's two years in a row without a DT. It ALL starts upfront.
That's not true. OU isn't the leader for Wilson, but we have a solid shot.

I hear Rodgers is unlikely, but not impossible. We also have a solid shot at turning a top longhorn DEnd.

Gonna take a wait and see attitude on this, I think I saw where Ohio State has 6 Five Star recruits and Bama 5, OU zero. Alabama has had the top recruiting class the last few years with the exception of one I think. In that span Bama has 4 National Titles and Ohio State one, OU zero. And as of right now both have better receuiting classes than OU so forgive me if I am not jumping for joy just yet. OU has had some lower top 20 recruiting classes the last few years and while we did make the playoffs last year one can see how big the gap was with Bama and Clemson talent wise. For those of you that don't think those stars matter, Bama has a freshman QB starting this year and may win a National Title, that has happened only one other time, quess who that was? Bama just seems to say "next" when it comes to players and assistants. It really is amazing, puke, cough, gag what Saban is doing at Bama. I really hope they go down this year tho, only team I don't dislike in the CFP is Washington but they don't have a prayer to win it all imho.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT