ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting thoughts

kjfreeze

Sooner starter
Jan 17, 2005
DIsclaimer: I know jack squat about recruiting.

What makes Baylor more inviting than OU? I don't know. Something (underhanded) is happening behind the scenes if you ask me. Maybe OU's approach can be something like telling them they are going into battle with up and coming (already here) teams in the Big 12. Battles will be fought. There are several Goliath teams out there. Why not sign up to battle in this war with a team that has a long-standing tradition of winning? OU now has a coaching staff that has put together and will continue to put together a powerful offense and defense that can carry on this winning tradition. Baylor's tradition is what, baptizing? And would you like to be forever remembered as a "horned frog?"

These other teams can certainly use and have used the recent successes to recruit, but OU can and will continue upholding and adding to a rich tradition of winning. They have slid down a bit recently, but will rise again to the top like fine cream from a grass-fed cow.

I have been saying that the recruiting success of Baylor and TCU are as good as their coaches. Once Briles and Patterson, each successful coaches, part ways with their schools, the recent winning years will have little impact as far as tradition to fall back on. They may not slide back to a Kansas level, but they will not sustain their recruiting success. JMO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.