ADVERTISEMENT

Recap from Oklahoma's Big 12 Media Days

The last sentence of this article sums it up pretty well. Same as last year and the year before, etc. Deja vu all over again. :rolleyes:
Agree. Hard to get overly optimistic until this program puts as much importance on defense as it puts on offense. I'm realistic knowing that in the Big 12, there are no shut-down caliber defenses against spread offenses....but it would be nice not seeing point totals like 55, 37, 40, 41, 48, 43 and 55 in 7 of OU's last 14 bowl trips.

Agree. Hard to get overly optimistic until this program puts as much importance on defense as it puts on offense. I'm realistic knowing that in the Big 12, there are no shut-down caliber defenses against spread offenses....but it would be nice not seeing point totals like 55, 37, 40, 41, 48, 43 and 55 in 7 of OU's last 14 bowl trips.

The difference was that Bob sought out Lincoln Riley for the offense, but ignored recruiting and hiring an equally talented defensive coach. And, then Riley bumps MS salary and extends his contract. It’s almost like giving away $3M.

Jack In The Box did not earn a raise or to even keep his job. If he can’t coach...he needs to be replaced. He fails to grasp that his complex defensive schemes do not work. We have made back up QB’s to look like giants...unacceptable. You cannot get into shootouts and expect everything to fall into place to win. We blew many a lead last year. Yes we have the premier offense but....

Jack In The Box did not earn a raise or to even keep his job. If he can’t coach...he needs to be replaced. He fails to grasp that his complex defensive schemes do not work. We have made back up QB’s to look like giants...unacceptable. You cannot get into shootouts and expect everything to fall into place to win. We blew many a lead last year. Yes we have the premier offense but....

When we failed to go ahead with the FG, I knew it was unlikely that OU would win, but I actually expected us to hold Georgia to a winning FG. Not a 27 yard rushing play where no one even touched the runner. What on the second play? Regardless, that was a kick in the balls way of ending the season.

We succeeded vs tosu all night long and then barely vs texsa. The clones game should have been enough of a wakeup call for the rest of the way.

Just a poorly executed 'pooch kick' and bad Q3 ended our Natty dreams. All we can do is tee up & try again and pray for better next time up, coming soon.

Reactions: Soonerborn59
Mike Stoops should have been fired after the 2016 TT. It kills me that OU, the Blue Blood of College Football. Is now in the NCAA record book, for giving up the most passing yards in the History of the NCAA CFB.

We set records, not have records set against us!

ADVERTISEMENT