ADVERTISEMENT

Rambo...

Weird as it is, he's on McShay's draft board as pick 32. I don't see it. But I'm not the NFL expert that McShay thinks he is either.

Now all OU has left at WR are:
Mims
Wease
Hasselwood
West
Stoops
Bridges
Darby

* With incoming freshmen:
Farooq, 4-star
Williams, 5-star
Jackson, 4-star

* and a couple of "Swiss army knife" types like:
Henderson (RB, HB, TE, WR)
Bowman (DB, WR, KR)

Somehow, someway, and with respect to Rambo, I think OU will survive his leaving.

That's quite eye opening CTOkie. I think OU will be just fine also.
I want to add that I would prefer Rambo staying but my wish on top of everything else is that Stevenson returns.
Stevenson's presence for 2021, in the wake of Wheaton's Alabama switch....assuming he signs with Saban, which is yet to happen....would enable OU to "kick the can down the road" as far as adding a topflight running back in 2022.

According to Rivals, OU has four 2022 RB's considering OU:
Emeka Megwa a 4-star from Fort Worth.
Javantae Barnes a 4-star from Vegas.
Gavin Sawchuk a 4-star from Highland Park, Colorado.
Raleek Brown a 4-star all-purpose back from Santa Ana, Cal.

Stevenson is very likely gone. Very.

He's 22 and would be 23 by draft day. A big deal for an RB. I believe that we'll find a guy in the portal.

Perkins will also announce by the 15th. We'll miss him, but we'll still be better in the '21 DL.

He's 22 and would be 23 by draft day. A big deal for an RB. I believe that we'll find a guy in the portal.

Perkins will also announce by the 15th. We'll miss him, but we'll still be better in the '21 DL.
Agree. When looking at this from Stevenson's perspective, I can't see him staying at OU.
I'm looking at potential transfers now and hoping that somehow Wheaton or LJ Johnson can be swayed to OU. They are both unsigned as of now, so I'm not giving up, even against the odds.

Has anyone heard/read about Deondrick Glass, the RB from Oklahoma State who's in the transfer portal since 10/29 ?

I want to add that I would prefer Rambo staying but my wish on top of everything else is that Stevenson returns.
Stevenson's presence for 2021, in the wake of Wheaton's Alabama switch....assuming he signs with Saban, which is yet to happen....would enable OU to "kick the can down the road" as far as adding a topflight running back in 2022.

According to Rivals, OU has four 2022 RB's considering OU:
Emeka Megwa a 4-star from Fort Worth.
Javantae Barnes a 4-star from Vegas.
Gavin Sawchuk a 4-star from Highland Park, Colorado.
Raleek Brown a 4-star all-purpose back from Santa Ana, Cal.
Dont forget abou tth eblack Unicorn Jayden Blue

Of the possible early departures, I am most concerned with Ronnie Perkins possibly declaring. I think with him staying, along with Redmond coming back, our chances go way up of making it into the final game of the playoffs. Stevenson will be a huge hit if Brooks is not up to form as well.

Obviously, a key injury or two could derail us due to depth but Perkins is the key guy I would most hope to retain.

Last edited:

Agree with you, but I wish he would get it over with. The suspense is killing me.

I'm hearing that Perkns is all but gone.
this would be a shame. Perkins still has alot to prove and would only improve his draft stock playing and dominating a full season, if he can lay off the weed. Bet he jumps on the free money though. Weeds free in the NFL.

Last edited:
this would be a shame. Perkins still has alot to prove and would only improve his draft stock playing and dominating a full season, if he can lay off the weed. Bet he jumps on the free money though. Weeds free in the NFL.
Some NFL guy earlier in the week projected Perkins as a guy who goes in the first 50 picks. If the momentum wasn't in that direction already, it certainly headed that way. The players still have nine days to make their decisions for the NFL.

Reactions: newnasty
Welp, another steal or gamble that doesn't pan out. Shakey at best. Imo. High hopes without proving shit. NFL's mo though. Got that "Sunday ticket?" 😁

I heard today that OU is talking with a 4* RB in the portal from Southern Cal
Kendell Milton went to Georgia, OU recruited him heavily if I remember and backed off after we had Jase McClellan in our sights. Also read that the #1 TE (2019) who is at LSU may be entering, 5 star kid, plus a 5 star OT who is at Tenn.

Kendell Milton went to Georgia, OU recruited him heavily if I remember and backed off after we had Jase McClellan in our sights. Also read that the #1 TE (2019) who is at LSU may be entering, 5 star kid, plus a 5 star OT who is at Tenn.

TE rumored to be headed to Tenn to be w/ his HS QB. Hope it's just a rumor. The kid has the goods.

Stevenson put out a tweet today or yesterday that seems to say he's coming out. A bunch of highlights of his OU career. He isn't doing that to announce he's staying. And there is some rumoring. We're down to three shipped running backs, not including H-Backs.

Stevenson put out a tweet today or yesterday that seems to say he's coming out. A bunch of highlights of his OU career. He isn't doing that to announce he's staying. And there is some rumoring. We're down to three shipped running backs, not including H-Backs.
Stevenson to the NFL seems like an obvious scenario if you look at things solely from HIS perspective.
It seems very likely now that Riley and his coaches are going to find a new running back fairly soon, if Stevenson is indeed gone.
Many here are forgetting how generous the "transfer portal" has worked to OU's benefit in recent years....and that's not including JUCO transfers.
I have noticed over the years that OU's recruiting classes usually produce roughly half of the total number signed each year, which is usually no more than 12-15 players, from the uasual 25 or so totally signed.
What I see in the small 2021 class is a possibility that the same number (12 or more) could become quality contributors at OU, especially considering the high ranking it has received as a top ten class with only 16 signees.....so far.
I choose to wait and see how Riley's final 2021 recruiting tally plays out because there will be more. But right now, at 16 signed, this 2021 is ALREADY a very good one.

Reactions: Tollboothmgr
ADVERTISEMENT