ADVERTISEMENT

Quick Analysis: Omarion Robinson

Spacemon25

Sooner starter
Gold Member
Sep 19, 2017
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Told you all I will be working on all of the 2025 players and Omarion Robinson is the most recent of those that I have reviewed.

Here are some of the things that stick out.

➡️ Plays with fantastic pace, and because of his explosiveness, can do so with relative ease at the high school game. He is comfortable being on an island and allows the game to come to him, doesn’t try to overplay his hand and makes the simple play.

➡️ Staying with his explosiveness, I was a touch surprised at just how much “pop” he has in those feet. He hits the accelerator very easily and looks smooth running in the open field. His explosiveness allows him to play like he’s 6’3”. He looks like a rangey, All-Purpose SEC DB and plays like it too.

➡️ His lateral burst, ability to drop hips, and exit, is phenomenal. That is a trait that will translate well if he is asked to cover some of the quicker players over the middle of the field.

➡️ He plays with great natural instincts, has elite vision, something that has become a hallmark of how BV/Alley are evaluating and signing defensive backs. A lot of this is seen in the ability to play special teams and leverage yourself as a great offensive weapon. If you can’t play elite snaps on the offensive side of the ball in high school, you’re probably not going to be able to play defensive back for the Sooners.

➡️ Hands are solid, has a few impressive grabs in that regard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.